AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I improve the quality of my PDF when plotting DWG to PDF?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pandvdesign
1529 Views, 4 Replies

How can I improve the quality of my PDF when plotting DWG to PDF?

I'm after assistance to improve the quality of my converted DWG to PDF files - particularly the line weights which look fainter in some areas than others? and dimensions which are all pixelated?!?

I have attached an example PDF

Any help is much appreciated!

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

You can try this solution mentioned here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Also try plotting on larger paper size. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav Satalkar

QA Engineer

Message 3 of 5

I was very hopeful that either of these options may work but sadly, my PDF
is less clear than before!

When using the export method and options - there was no noticeable
difference..

The plot option with higher DPI left half the dimension text missing and
the lines very very faint!

Thank you for the effort, though. Looks like I shall have to continue to
look for a solution

Regards
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: pandvdesign

>>>...dimensions which are all pixelated...<<<
So on this letter sized print, what are you chosen lightweights exactly?

On a letter sized print, are you assuming recipients are going to zoom in so tight they will see the pixelation? No one would ever do that, plus your PDF prints faint because of chosen lweight settings most likely. If you want to give the recipient that option to zoom in so close then you need to be plotting to a much larger sheet. Would that cure the problem?

It looks like you are using SHX stick fonts with a very light line-weight setting: what is your stick-font setting supposed to be? The gray and the blue please.
is your elevation plotted to a scale? What is the scale? Would anyone getting a letter sized PDF from you really print it to a larger sheet?

To me, as a viewer of your PDF, I only see unwisely selected lineweights and colors (and stick fonts) being the only problem.

Explain what it is you wish to achieve from inside ACA2014 and what the purpose of the letter sized PDF is meant to do for your recipients.

UPDATE: here is a picture of a 1:1 print of your PDF, it looks absolutely fine on paper too.

2017-04-26 13.29.12.jpg

Message 5 of 5
pandvdesign
in reply to: pendean

Hello

The PDF I attached was just a section of an A2 drawing - apologies I couldn't include the whole thing (client sensitivity).

I hadn't actually chosen any lineweights as such ? All by layer/by block. I may be showing my lack of experience here!

My concern is that when viewed on my monitor in Acad it looks clear as a bell - however once either printed or plotted to PDF the pixilation appears and some of the line work in the front elevation is missing.

The elevation is 1:20 scale on A2 and I've used the 'hidden' visual style

What line weight would you recommend then? on an A1 or A2 drawing? And font?

This is out of the ordinary to my usual CAD drawings and I seem to have hit a stumbling block so appreciate your obvious wisdom !

I have attached an image of most of the drawing which shows what I mean (I hope!)

Thank you Dean

D1068 EMA Media wall.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost