AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with AEC elements

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cepi11o
626 Views, 5 Replies

help with AEC elements

Hi Everyone

Please Help,my project have an Aec Railing, the railing is round. How can I smooth the curves of an AEC element. Is Not a Solid, is a AEC Element

image autocad.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: cepi11o

AEC Objects will represent curves with facets.  You can increase the number of facets used, to make the object appear smoother.

FACETDEV

http://docs.autodesk.com/ARCHDESK/2013/ENU/filesARCHDESK/GUID-91443EBD-2E12-44F2-9D87-89573008CC87.h...

The minimum number of facets for a full circle is 8.

FACETMAX

This sets the maximum number of facets for any one curve.  It can be used to enhance performance where you have a wide range of curve radii, allowing you to set a lower value for FACETDEV so that small radius objects look smoother while minimizing the performance hit on large radius objects.  You can set FACETMAX to a value from 100 to 10,000, inclusive.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
cepi11o
in reply to: David_W_Koch

thank you !! i undertand the command

but the problem in my project continues

i try facetdev, facetmax and aecfacetdev but nothing

in my aec element like wall o railing, no curves are increased

what am I doing wrong?

another.png

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: cepi11o

Some items, like Mass Elements in one of the standard shapes, like Cylinder, will react to changes in in the value of FacetDev.  Others, like Freeform Mass Elements, have their facets set based on the values for FACETDEV and FACETMAX at the time of creation, and will not adjust to subsequent changes.  You will have to recreate the latter objects with the revised FACETDEV and FACETMAX values active.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
dbroad

To add to what David said, there will always be facets.  These objects will never be truly curved. The faceted geometry is programmed in.  The only thing you can do is make them appear smoother when needed or coarser to speed editing.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 6
cepi11o

thanks!!!!!!

my problem is solved

IMAGEN2RES.pngIMAGEN3RESUELTO.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost