AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help small sections of floor plans are starting to disappear.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Gabriel.Orozco
298 Views, 4 Replies

help small sections of floor plans are starting to disappear.

I have been making addendum drawings and as I continue to work this starts to happen to all my floor plans. Small sections of walls started to disappear. can someone please let me know how to fix this problem have a tight deadline to finish these addendums.Missing Wall Pieces.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Any chance that you have additional Walls on a layer that is frozen or turned off, that just happen to cross the visible Walls where the gaps are?  If so, then you have discovered that Walls will clean up with other Walls, even when some of those Walls are on a frozen layer.  You will want to create one or more additional Wall Cleanup Groups and assign different Cleanup Groups them to the visible Walls and the frozen Walls.  We use different Cleanup Groups for Existing-to-Remain, Existing-to-be-Removed (Demolition) and New Construction Walls, to avoid this issue.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

I have checked to see if that was the problem but sadly it is not. The only place that this happens is on the sheets. I have tried unloaded and reloading the xref's: I have also tried detaching and reattaching the xrefs as well but the same thing continues to happen. I have audited and purged the sheets, views and constructs but the issue continues to happen. I am literally running out of ideas and possible solutions to fix this problem.

Message 4 of 5

Do your sheets have more than one floor plan on them?  If so, do the views consist of clipped external references?  Are the clipped external references located sufficiently close in model space that the parts of one of the external references beyond the clip would overlap the other plan?  If the Wall Cleanup Group assigned to the Walls are set to clean up between external reference and host, ACA will not "respect" the clipping boundary and will clean up Walls beyond the clip boundary.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5

thank you for the help, but i was able to figure it out. I had to use the command wallenablecleanup in order for those missing pieces to reappear. i appreciate the assistance though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost