Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior 2x4 Wall Style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
susanbercaw
359 Views, 4 Replies

Exterior 2x4 Wall Style

I am trying to create an Exterior 2x4 Wall Style with 3.5" Studs and .5" GWB on Interior but it is not working.
I have enclosed a screenshot of the wall in plan view and the wall style.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I am brand new to AutoCAD Architecture

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: susanbercaw

@susanbercaw 

Welcome to the community!

Please reply back through a web browser and attach an example DWG file of what you have so far.  It is hard to sort out issues from a few screen shots.  For example, in the image of the Wall in plan view, is that one Wall, or three?

Snag_30dd8a6.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

Question:  Did you start with an out-of-the-box stud exterior Wall Style and remove the components to the exterior of the stud (with the intent of eventually replacing them with something else)?

If so, the original Wall Style may have had a non-Standard Wall Endcap assigned to the Wall ends, which may result in something similar to what your image showed if the deleted components had a return or some other end condition.

For example, I created a Stud and GWB only style by removing the Brick Veneer, Air Gap, and Rigid Insulation components from a copy of the Stud-3.5 Rigid-1.5 Air-2 Brick-3.625 Wall Style.

Snag_31d7318.png

That still leaves the Wall Endcap Style in place.  The Wall Endcap Styles work by component index, not by component name, so the brick return is now assigned to Stud component, which is now Index 1.

Snag_31d9c2b.png

This causes the stud component to return at the end.  Not as much as in your image, but perhaps you started with a different exterior Wall Style.

Snag_31fceab.png

If you change the Wall Endcap Styles assigned to your Stud+GWB wall to Standard, the "wings" at the ends of your Wall may go away.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
susanbercaw

This makes sense and I believe you hit the nail on the head.
I will let you know when I get home and thanks so much.

Message 5 of 5
susanbercaw

You were correct and I appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report