Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMENSION WILL NOT REASSOCIATE PROPERLY...DOESNT SHOW CORRECT WIDTH

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
663 Views, 2 Replies

DIMENSION WILL NOT REASSOCIATE PROPERLY...DOESNT SHOW CORRECT WIDTH

Hi,

I have a dimension within my AutoCAD 2019 drawing that does not display the correct measurement. The node snaps to the correct point/intersection but the actual line of the dimension is way off, thus creating an incorrect dimension. 

There are no xrefs within this drawing. And I only create dimensions in model space. I have checked my DIMASSOC and it is at 2. I have tried disassociating and re-associating. Deleting the geometry and re-drawing. Purging and AUDIT. I have even tried WBLOCK. Nothing works. It's as if there is a hidden point that has gotten locked there. 

The only thing I can think of is that I had locked correct dimensions in this spot before, but then unlocked and erased them. Somewhere in between those steps, I must've missed or done something? Please help! Thank you in advance!

autocad issue.PNG

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your red line (both actually) is 15'-6" above the plan of the blue wall corner, aka it has a Z setting your other lines do not.

Select it, use PROPERTIES and see for yourself.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

oH Man. 

Thank you. Didn't even realize that I was drawing on the wrong axis. Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report