AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with region and bpoly etc

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tcrish
415 Views, 4 Replies

Difficulties with region and bpoly etc

Hello All,

I have a pesky file that I just can't seem to region.  I did a pedit multiple to close it and it still won't region.  I deal with a lot of vendors line so maybe this is the issue.

Can anyone take a look see and check if you can region it.  I have been pulling out hair for a couple hours.  I have had this issue, along with bpoly and pedit over the years which has been frustrating.  I tried Wblock and Flatten as well....yoy.  I can usually get things closed and regioned eventually but this one is nuts.

If it matters, I am using ACA 2014 on a Dell Precision T7500 Win7, Quaddro FX 4800

Knowing why it happens and how to fix it will make me happy....

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: tcrish

Explode, overkill (just to be safe), delete the indicated arc and use fillet to recreate it.  Then use mpedit, select all, and join them with 0 fuzz.

2017-02-14_8-58-21.png

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
tcrish
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks Prof D,

That worked great.  As you can see there are tons of entities so what clued you in to that one radius?

Inquiring minds need to know....lol

Thank you fine sir.

Tom

Message 4 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: tcrish

• I checked to see if it was closed. It wasn't.
  • Then I closed it and reattempted the region. It didn't work.
    • There are a couple of reasons that regions don't work
      • non-closed shapes.
      • overlapping segments
      • zero-length lines
  • I exploded, ran overkill and then used mpedit to join. It was still open.
  • I forced the close on the properties palette and exploded it and looked for a very small line length using qselect.
  • It happened at the location I indicated where the first and last segment of the polyline were.
  • I assumed that there was some misalignment so clicked on the arc, got the radius, deleted it and filleted.
  • Then mpedit and it closed properly.  Then region works.
Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 5
tcrish
in reply to: dbroad

Excellent info DBROAD  I went around the perimeter but wasn't zoomed in enough to see it.  It only measured 0.00001933.

No wonder I have had these issues over the years.  I need binoculars. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost