AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tags

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
matt.harrison
441 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Tags

Where are these tags coming from! And how do I change that?Where are these tags coming from! And how do I change that?

I want to get a better grip on standards, and tagging is key! However, I cannot, at the surface, figure out where the styles are derived from that are created when users use the tools in the image above. I want to lock this down!

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Thank you,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: matt.harrison

I don’t have the program open but I believe that these tags tie back to the tool palette tags. You can check the property if the tag there where it will define it’s location. Look in the program data folder for aca and dive down into the styles folder. You should find a tags folder there that houses the standard tags.
Message 3 of 5
matt.harrison
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks!

Ok, I found it after opening a bunch of drawings in:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2017\enu\Styles\Imperial\Schedule Tables (Imperial).dwg

Now that I found the MVBLOCK definition origin:

What about managing each users content?

I feel it would be easier to manage if I were to just point their {insert knowledge here} Styles folder to a network folder where all of the standardized content is. I feel like it would be defined in the Profile settings of the user but I am unsure.

I really want to migrate everything that is out of the box to things that are standardized for all of the users. To do this I feel strongly that a network folder with permissions that each CAD points too is the way to go.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Matt

Message 4 of 5

More details on how ribbon tools work:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2009/06/autocad-architecture-2010-ui-changes.html

How to create your own ribbon tools:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2013/10/aca-aec-content-on-ribbon.html

As for setting up standard content for an office:  yes, a network location for content is a great idea.  Unless your office is very small, you will likely want to make this location read-only to most users, other than those authorized to create/maintain office-standard content.

My office already had office-standard tool palettes before the introduction of the ribbon, so we have continued to use that means of delivering office-standard content, rather than reworking the content on the ribbon to have tools that point to our content from the ribbon.  If you have not already set up tool palettes for your office standard content, you can decide whether customizing the ribbon tools, setting up custom tool palettes or making use of the Styles Browser is the best way for your firm.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Hi @matt.harrison,

It looks like both @Keith.Brown and @David_W_Koch provided some good tips to help you with your ribbon tools. Did their posts point you in the right direction?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost