AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash after changing 'startup' value

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JoelMckone
342 Views, 2 Replies

Crash after changing 'startup' value

I changed the 'startup' value from 1 to 2 in ACA 2012, now program crashes.  On start up it displays the first error message 3 times (see attached), then opens a blank drawing. Once a select a file it displays the second message 70 times then opens the drawing.  After a few seconds a fatal error message is displayed and program closes.

Error messages are the same other than address location changes.

I have tried a repair and a reinstall to no avail - any suggestions on how to fix the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bryce.thelin
in reply to: JoelMckone

Hi JM,

Do you have the service pack installed for AutoCAD Architecture 2012? Here is the link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL19684160

Try resetting AutoCAD to defaults. To do this, click Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Architecture 2012 > Reset Settings To Default. It will let you save your current settings first.

Try turning off your antivirus program too.

Your screen shots look like you have Windows 7. Try setting acad.exe to run as administrator and turning off User Account Control to see if it helps.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 3
JoelMckone
in reply to: JoelMckone

The service pack has been installed but still have the same error.  Oddly enough if I click on a file it seems to open OK with the factory settings (ribbon).  When I try to open it and then select a file it crashes.  I will try your other suggestions to see if that helps.  Thanks.

I do have ACA2012 & ACA2013 and have had trouble with both.  When 2014 is released I will have IT reformat the computer and insall everything 'clean'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost