AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content browser will not launch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RLHartwig
1991 Views, 5 Replies

Content browser will not launch

I have AutoCAD Architecture 2018 on a subscription. I'm trying to use it at home to work. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, reset it to defaults, and the Content Browser will not launch. The AECCB.exe process is not running. I click on the CB in the file and it opens but with no access to any of the catalogues. It won't launch from within the program in any way, command, from the project navigator, from the tool palettes. Just doesn't work and I've tried everything to access the tools.  Screencast doesn't work or I'd post one. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RLHartwig
in reply to: RLHartwig

I just tried to launch it from the file in the program files and it gave me a window saying "loading registered catalogs"  but then... nothing

Message 3 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: RLHartwig

Hello @RLHartwig,

Welcome back to the forums. 

What download method did you try to use? Can you use all the other tools & features within the program? 

You can try a clean uninstall if the program itself seems to be giving you issues with all tools & features. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the program use MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall 
  2. Log in as an Administrator 
  3. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  4. Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  5. Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7 , Windows 10 
  6. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

If it seems only the Content Browser is the issue you can try to locate it through the Command Prompt to see if you have access or Content in this folder for it to pull from. To Work With the Content Browser

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @RLHartwig,

I'm just checking in to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion that @natasha.l provided earlier this week help you get the Content Browser working?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 6

I am having a similar problem (outwardly, at least).  It started when I switched the profile and .cui file.  Even now, the Content Browser works if I start the program with one profile/CUI, but not with the other.  The Content Browser will also start from the Start Menu.  Is there something in a profile or CUI file that the content browser depends on?

Message 6 of 6

Is the profile that does not launch Content Browser an "as AutoCAD" profile?  Those typically use the ACAD.cuix file as the main customization file, but perhaps it is possible to change that to the ACA.cuix file to gain access to the ACA tools without triggering the loadind of the ACA modules.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta