AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue frame around the viewport ON/OFF in Cad 2017 Architecture

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
marekga
8689 Views, 16 Replies

Blue frame around the viewport ON/OFF in Cad 2017 Architecture

Hello,

If I have many viewports in the drawing, there is such a blue frame around viewports in Autocad Architecture 2017.

Frame is not visible when you use one viewport only. Frame is around active viewport.

I would like to ask you how to turn it OFF ? Which parameter is responsible for it? Screenshot below.

Blue_Frame.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
leothebuilder
in reply to: marekga

A frame around an active paperspace viewport is normal.

This is autocad's way of telling you the viewport is active.

Now if you had this frame around multiple viewports that would be strange............

Message 3 of 17
marekga
in reply to: leothebuilder

Hi,

Ok. You are right. I didn't precise my question 100% correctly 🙂 How to make this frame e.g. white (not blue) so that it doesn't look so agressive ?

Message 4 of 17
gotphish001

You just make the frame of the viewport on a non-plot layer then it won't print. It won't matter how thick it is because it won't show up in the final prints.I actually make the layer it's on an obnoxious color so I know it's the viewport and not part of the drawing. Like hot pink. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 17
marekga
in reply to: gotphish001

Hi,

I am not sure if you understood my question. Can you see the graphic I have posted under my first post? Can you see this blue line? It is not a cad element, it is not on any layer. It is more like visual effect. It is visible in model view, after you type "viewport" and change to 2 viewports visible in model view. Do you understand what I mean? 🙂 I hope so.

Message 6 of 17
gotphish001

Yeah I misunderstood what you where asking. The only thing I could find about it was this old post where someone didn't have the line, but wanted it back. Seems like you can change the color but when I tried on mine it didn't change. It might be because I have my crosshair set to use the windows arrow so the color is always the same. Not sure if that is affecting my outcome. 

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?126464-Model-Space-Viewports

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 7 of 17
leothebuilder

Sorry that you find the active viewport border too aggressive.

It takes on the color of the layer on which you create the viewport.

The paperspace zoom factor influences how bold or aggressive it looks.

It has never bothered me.......

Message 8 of 17
pendean

If you can change color that would show up in OPTIONS command, Display Tab, COLORS button.
Message 9 of 17
marekga
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

I looked through all these colors in: Options/Display/Window elements/Colors.../2d model space, but any of these is responsible for that blue frame. It must be either somewhere else ...

Message 10 of 17
dbroad

You should find something else to worry about because, it's clear from options->display->colors that the active viewport highlight color is not user accessible. The blue color is even built into the documentation.  Time to move on or just complain to Autodesk.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 11 of 17
morpholab
in reply to: leothebuilder

Did you even read the question? He wasn't asking about the oddity of the blue frame but how to turn it off.

Message 12 of 17
Victoria.Studley

Hi @marekga,

I'm just following up here to confirm:

• Currently it is not possible to control the color of the current viewport boundary highlight.
  • It is also not possible to turn it off.

However, if you'd like to see this as an option in a future update to the AutoCAD software, you can submit that feedback directly to the AutoCAD product team using our Product Feedback Form.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 13 of 17
dieters
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

In reviewing the previous posts, I'd just like to add that it's important to distinguish the between terms active viewport (see MAXACTVP) and the current viewport.

Also, I'd like to add a suggestion that will help you with any enhancement requests. When submitting an enhancement request, please be sure to include a rationale as to why you want the change and it's impact on your workflow. This will help the designers who read your requests to collect scenarios and build a rational case why the request is important and what priority that it should receive.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dieter

Dieter Schlaepfer
Principal Learning Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.
San Rafael, California
Message 14 of 17
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: dieters

Thanks for the additional information, @dieters!

I've modified my post to reflect the terms accurately (current vs. active).

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 15 of 17
MOatman
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

I'm a little late to the party but if Hardware Acceleration is OFF you get a thick blue line.  If Hardware Acceleration is ON you get a thin blue line.  As others have said, there isn't a way to disable completely.

Message 16 of 17
carflores202
in reply to: MOatman

It worked GRAPHCONFIG...hardware acceleration should be turned ON if its OFF the blue line is much thicker and not transparent

Message 17 of 17

I believe it is the version compare 

chrisallisonBU4XN_0-1682007215580.png

when i hit the green check the blue line disappears

chrisallisonBU4XN_1-1682007280089.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost