AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2017 screen flashing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
-Ryan-
3043 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2017 screen flashing

I'm having the same issue just like this post.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017/autocad-2016-screen-flashing/td-p/56...

As stated, "While zooming and/or panning the entire screen flashes black then comes back.  Happens randomly but often." 

It looks like drewski14 got a resolution. Would this work for ACA2017 and if so how and where do I find "dock above status bar"? 

My system specs are as followed:

New Dell XPS15 9560

7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz)

8GB DDR4-2400MHz

256GB PCIe Solid State Drive

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge

Windows 10 Home-HE (64bit) English

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: -Ryan-

Right click on the Model/Layout tabs; Dock above Status Bar is at the bottom of the context menu.2017-01-31_ACA2017DockModelLayoutTabsAboveStatusBar.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 8
-Ryan-
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for showing me where to look. Mine says, Dock Inline with Status Bar. Does this mean it's already been running Above the Status Bar? If so, can any other suggestions be made to prevent the flashing screen when panning and zooming?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

@David_W_Koch Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
David_W_Koch

@rskern wrote:

Thanks for showing me where to look. Mine says, Dock Inline with Status Bar. Does this mean it's already been running Above the Status Bar? If so, can any other suggestions be made to prevent the flashing screen when panning and zooming?

Perhaps, or else it is not set that way, but because the Status Bar has grown wide enough to force the tabs up (the cause of the flashing), it is just displaying that choice.  Is that menu choice selectable, or grayed out?

If it is selectable, then you are set to Above the Status Bar.  If it is not, if you can manage to move the cursor such that the Status Bar shortens enough to allow the tabs to drop down in line with the Status Bar, and then get the cursor over to the tabs without sending them back up, you should be able to right click and choose Above the Status Bar.  I assume that you have the cursor coordinates shown on the Status Bar, as that is the one item that will change width dynamically as the cursor moves.  If you are having a hard time getting the tabs to drop and stay down and so that you can right click on them, you could temporarily remove the cursor coordinates display from the Status Bar.  To do that, find the tool near the far right side of the Status Bar with the down-arrow icon (Status Bar Menu) and select it.  A menu of items will appear, those with check marks at the left are active and visible, the others are not.  Clear the check mark from the cursor coordinates item (and others, if necessary), to get the Model/Layout tabs to drop and stay down.  It also helps if your current drawing only has one layout tab.  You should then be able to right click on the tabs and choose Above the Status Bar.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 8
-Ryan-

It was selectable, therefore, I did select it. It changed to Dock above Status Bar. I then clicked on Dock above Status Bar to change it back and we have success, no more flashing.

Message 7 of 8
TFOSTERMORPHIS

Hello,

I'm in Acad 2017 student version 2d workspace.  As I zoom in or out the screen flashes and when I stop zooming the workspace image bounces around continuously.  just in and out almost like a momentary, less than .5 sec, panning, 

I looked at the model/layout context menu, file attached, and found it abbreviated compared to your screen shot.

Ideas, anyone?

Just like everybody else, I need to be working, not bouncing.

Cheers,

Tommy

Message 8 of 8

@TFOSTERMORPHIS

You right clicked on the New Layout tool ("+" icon).  Right click on the Model tab or a Layout tab (such as "Arch D" in your image) to get the full menu.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost