AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2018 text editor tab not working in ribbon

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
tracy
10318 Views, 14 Replies

autocad 2018 text editor tab not working in ribbon

In my autocad 2018, which i recently upgraded to from 2017,  the text editor tab is not in the ribbon.  I can change the setting so that the old toolbar  will show up,  but i can't get the text editor tab to show up in the ribbon.  It worked fine in 2017 and as far as i can tell all of the settings are the same.  

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: tracy

Post screenshots from both programs, show us exactly what you mean please.
Message 3 of 15
tracy
in reply to: pendean

In 2017 there is a text editor tab in the ribbon.  In 2018 I can not get the text editor tab to show up.  I can get the text formatting toolbar by changing the setting for mtexttoolbar from 2 to 1.

Thanks 

Message 4 of 15
pendean

In your 2018 session:
start CUI command
Expand RIBBON section.
Expand CONTEXTUAL TAB STATES section
is there a TEXT MULTILINE SELECTED option and a TEXT EDITOR IN PROGRESS option?
Message 5 of 15
tracy
in reply to: pendean

Yes, both are in the CUI under ribbon, see attached

Message 6 of 15
Victoria.Studley

Hi @tracy,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community! Thank you for posting your question here.

Based on your description and screenshots, it sounds like you're experiencing the issue described in the following article:

Block Editor, Refedit, Mtext and other ribbon tabs missing in AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP

Could you take a look and let me know if this sounds like what's happening to you?

If you migrated any settings from AutoCAD Architecture 2017, this will happen, and as of right now, the only reliable workaround is to reset the program to defaults. If you have custom settings to transfer, you can do so manually, but not using the Migrate Custom Settings tool until the issue is addressed in a future update.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 7 of 15
tracy
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Victoria,  

This worked for the issue, and the solution is really appreciated; however, it isn't ideal.  Now I have to recustomize all my settings and reload my ctb files and tool palettes and  everything else I have already done once.  There are other people in our office that are having to do the same thing.  I hope there is an update soon.  Thanks for your help.  

Message 8 of 15

I have the same problem, however, the article did not fix the problem. 

Message 9 of 15
pendean
in reply to: davidm889

Nothing has changed since April and probably will not in ACA2018.

You used the migration tool when you upgraded: there is no fix for that, you have to do what is noted here and recreate your content from the old version manually https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcar...
Message 10 of 15
infoAGWVB

Hi I was having this problem too - discovered that if you change the mtexttoolbar setting back to 1 the ribbon comes up.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 15

Hi,

This issue is fixed in the AutoCAD Architecture and MEP 2018.0.1 Update.

Alternatively, reset AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP settings to default after installing the update.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 12 of 15

I am running MEP 2018.0.3 and this is very much still an issue. An actual fix would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jonathanMHGJM

Still an issue for 2019, but I found a workaround using CUI.  I drop the proper ribbon tabs into the correct contextual tab states.  For example, the "edit block in place" bug is actually "Reference editing mode" contextual tab state.  To get it to work, drag the "Edit reference contextual tab" under "Tabs" into the "Reference editing mode" under "Contextual Tab States".  I opened a copy of my CUI file in the transfer tab, just to know which "Tabs" i need to drop into which "Contextual Tab States".  Its not automated, but better than starting from scratch

Message 14 of 15
pcass

See this is what happens when they rush stuff out. I have been working in 2015 since it came out and now because of a few different projects I needed to upgrade to 2019. I am having the same problem with the text editor, table editor and block editor...

Why was this changed in the first place? It has been like that for so **** long and now its mysteriously not there. Oh I have to download a service pack.... Shocking. What are they on now... SP 76 for 2018 and 19???

Don't get me wrong I love CAD and use it everyday, but if something is not broke why try and fix it. Has been like that since at least 2012 I think. So your talking 5 plus years, possibly longer and then poof, gone.

This is just very disappointing to me. Seems like they are trying to make another program that is impossible to pick up unless you invest thousands of dollars and hours, kind of like Revit.

Message 15 of 15
JosephV
in reply to: pcass

I recently upgraded from Civil 3d 2018 to 2019, and my mtext ribbon as also disappeared, along with a few other contextual tab states. Some are available, some are not. I can take the mtexttoolbar back to 1 for the pop-up, but I would like to get the ribbon fixed (along with some of the other contextual states).

The contextual state is shown in the correct place in the CUI, but the program is not reading it. Any help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost