AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d models and materials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dferrerwork
418 Views, 3 Replies

3d models and materials

Good Day!

I am a beginner in autocad architecture so please bear with me.

I would like to know what is the proper way / easiest way to make a 3d model of a building I have in mind.

I tried extruding polylines into solids and then using the solidedit command to add a material "skin" into the faces but nothing happens.

I also tried, in the materials browser "adding to selection" some materials, they kind of change but the scale is not what i want, for example

I add the "Spanish Tile Red 3" material, my roof is red but I can't see the details of it, the lines I mean. I tried adjusting it in the edit image interface

but I can only adjust the sample size height and width by increments of 0.1 it's gonna take so long I don't even know if it will work. 

Please HELP.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dferrerwork

If you have AutoCAD Architecture, you may want to model your building using the Wall, Door, Window, Curtain Wall, etc. objects that are part of AutoCAD Architecture.  A number of styles ship with the program, and these often have AutoCAD Architecture Material Definitions assigned to the components of the AutoCAD Architecture objects, which includes a rendering material.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: dferrerwork

While you are playing around with getting started, I suggest you buy a tutorial based book for AutoCAD Architecture.  View the help videos here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/getting-started?sort=score

As far as materials looking realistic, use the realistic visual style or render your design.  I would wait for that until you know how to model your design first.  Get to know the Project Navigator to model levels and divisions.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 4
dferrerwork
in reply to: dbroad

how do i adjust the scale of the material faster? i can't manually put in a value i just have to either click the up/down arrows or scroll up/down on my mouse wheel. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost