AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Quick Trim with custom blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dkassab
416 Views, 4 Replies

Using Quick Trim with custom blocks

Hello all,

I have been piloting the use of AutoCAD 360 Mobile (Pro) using an Android (Samsung) tablet for a client that does plumbing engineering.

I have noticed that the client's previously created blocks (which can be inserted into the drawings using the blocks tool palette in AutoCAD 360 Mobile) do not interact well with the Quick Trim tool.

They have blocks, made up of basic 2D geometric shapes, which overlap 2D lines. I am trying to trim the overlapping line of out of the block's interior. But, the app does not recognize the block as lines/borders to trim around.

Has anyone else had a problem (or have a solution) to using blocks with the Quick Trim tool in AutoCAD 360 Mobile?

If more info is needed please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

DK

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dkassab

In Desktop AutoCAD (and the mobile version AFAIK) do not allow editing of block content like that.
You need desktop AutoCAD and use REFEDIT or BEDIT commands to edit content inside blocks.
Message 3 of 5
dkassab
in reply to: pendean

I was unclear in my description. I am not attempting to edit the blocks themselves. Rather, the blocks are placed over 2D lines. I want to trim the lines so they do not show as intersecting through the blocks

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dkassab

Ah! Thanks for the explanation. Sadly that's a known limitation in the mobile app.
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

The trim command doesn't work with blocks.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost