AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seeing any detail in line work problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
alannic
282 Views, 8 Replies

seeing any detail in line work problem

Had 10 measured floor plan drawings put on my 360 space.opened them in AutoCAD 360 and can't see any entities. Layers all came across but can't see any line work or text in model space. Zoom extents shows nothing. What is happening or what am I doing wrong.

is it because we are using the new AutoCAD 2018? As older drawings load fine

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: alannic

AutoCAD2018 is a new DWG file format: did you knock the files down first?
If yes, post a dwg sample. if not, do so and repeat your test.
Message 3 of 9
alannic
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean

Attached is a copy of one of the plans. It was created in Autocad 2108 but I have just opened and saved it in LT 2016 and then put it on my 360 drive.

It still shows no data. Please note I am opening these on my Ipad 2 with plenty of memory to spare. Drawings I already have on my drive still load fine and are bigger than this one.

When I load it directly back into my main computer from the 360 drive it loads fine

Could you take a look and see if it loads and you can look at the linework on your setup.

Cheers

Alan

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

I try to open it directly on iPad (now the latest iOS version supports to open dwg from email attachment directly), and the result is as attached. Is it as expected?

iPad.png

Message 5 of 9

Yes

thats what I should be seeing. 

I am using the latest IOS on my pad too.

Message 6 of 9

Then probably you can delete the drawing in AutoCAD 360 first, and send this drawing as email attachment to iPad and try to open again. Hope it works.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: alannic

No issues viewing the content of your Floor10 file here either: it did open in the lower left corner and I had to zoom in to see it, could that be your issue?

Tested in iOS (latest) and Desktop PC.
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for that. Might try reloading the 360 app on the ipad as well.

Message 9 of 9
alannic
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean

First thing I did was zoom extents when I didn't see anything. I think I will reload the 360 app and try  emailing the drawing as well as someone else suggested to see if that works. Will let you know

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost