AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Excel Text on iPad app

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ZachPS
263 Views, 5 Replies

Embedded Excel Text on iPad app

Hello, we are having an odd issue with embedded Excel tables not displaying on drawings while using the Autocad Electrical iPad app. The tables have been displaying properly within the past month but now they have stopped working. The drawings have not changed in this time period and the tables appear properly in DWGTrueView and on print. Is there a bug with embedded Excel tables on the iPad app? Attached is a picture below. Everything inside the tables including the outer border do not display. Thanks in advance for your time.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ZachPS

>>>...Autocad Electrical iPad app...<<<
Wrong forum my friend: this is strictly for http://www.autocad360.com

You probably need to be posting and asking for help in the ELECTRICAL forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical/ct-p/2035
Message 3 of 6
ZachPS
in reply to: pendean

My apologies for not being more clear. This also does not currently work on the AutoCAD 360 mobile app. Both versions are the latest versions from the app store. The support button on the AutoCAD360 mobile app sends me here for community support so I hope this really is the correct place. Thanks again for your time.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Are you using the AutoCAD360Pro (paid version), or the free-with-subscription version? Or just the free version?
Are your tables still linked to the excel spreadsheets? dwgtrueview and autocad on your PC are designed to do that, so comparing to them to a cloud app you never get to touch is totally irrelevant my friend.

Can you post such a DWG file so we can all test?
Message 5 of 6
ZachPS
in reply to: pendean

We're using the free version. To put the table on the drawing we highlight the section needed in Excel, hit Ctrl+C, then Ctrl+V to paste it in Autocad in the model space. Attached is a simplified version of one of our drawings.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Thanks for the sample: I can confirm your OLE vanishes in autocad360Pro in iOS and in the webbrowser free app as well.
it does not even register as an object in PROPERTIES when I select all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost