AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing will not load

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jeffHGCE
1400 Views, 11 Replies

Drawing will not load

Can someone please tell me why this drawing will not load, it just tells that was a problem and gives no helpful information.

I do not see how to attach an drawing so below is a dropbox link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17374049/BLDG-30_COMP_GEOREF.dwg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: jeffHGCE

No issues are being reported in AUtoCAD on my Windows PC: try uploading your file to the autocad360 site instead of DropBox and see if the issues to are encountering go away.

Message 3 of 12
jeffHGCE
in reply to: pendean

Thanks sorry I meant not opening and it finally did, but this one just keeps telling sorry could open file please try again.

Message 4 of 12
pendean

This second file is also fine, but it is a much smaller in size and does not contain much except what you see here

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 12
jeffHGCE

Thanks

The first drawing was referenced into the second and would not open so I tried separating them and I still cannot get it open.

Message 6 of 12
jeffHGCE

Is that picture opening the drawing in AutoCAD or AutoCAD 360? I can open it fine in AutoCAD but need to open it in AutoCAD 360.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

The screenshot is from AutoCAD to simply show you what is in it and if that is what you expected it would contain.

Both files that I reposted open fine for me in autocad360 in iOS individually when I uploaded them to the autocad360 folders. I did not try your originals.
Message 8 of 12
jeffHGCE

Thanks,

I am testing with windows 10 since tat is what they are using and must be something with windows version.

I removed xrefs, removed dynamic blocks, and still will not open and have to keep guessing or just give up and find another solution since the generic error message is absolutely no help at all.

Message 9 of 12
pendean

Quick test in Win10 using the Win10 app from the Win10 App Store:

3.PNG1.PNG2.PNG

Message 10 of 12
jeffHGCE

It does not work here with no helpful explanation so I have no idea how to move forward.

Message 11 of 12
jeffHGCE

It seems moving everything near the origin made it work.

Message 12 of 12
Sasha6180339

1. Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVER command. Select the problematic file. AutoCAD will attempt to recover the file and open it.
  2. Open a blank DWG and run the RECOVERALL command. Select the problematic file. AutoCAD will attempt to recover the file and open it.
  3. Open a blank DWG and run the INSERT command. Select the problematic file and see if it will insert. If it does, then run EXPLODE and select the inserted block. Run AUDIT and PURGE commands, and then use SAVEAS to create a new DWG.
  4. Look in the same directory where the DWG resides and see if there is a BAK file of the same name. If so, rename the BAK extension to DWG and see if the file can then be opened.
  5. Look in C:\Windows\Temp for files with an SV$ extension. If any exist with a similar name to the corrupted DWG file, then rename the extension to DWG and see if it can then be opened.
  6. Try opening the drawing using DWG Trueview. If you can open it there, convert the drawing to an older DWG version and try opening again.
  7. Go to your backup system and restore the file from a time before it became corrupted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost