AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open dwg file in AutoCAD 230 on iPad (but works on Mac)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bryanbruns
2263 Views, 2 Replies

Can't open dwg file in AutoCAD 230 on iPad (but works on Mac)

I can't open a .dwg file on my iPad in AutoCAD 360, even though I can open it in AutoCAD LT 2017 on my MacBook Air. It's a relatively complex design for rehabilitation of an irrigation system, 74 MB. I've tried uploading again, and also tried saving in 2007, but same problem occurred. I'm not sure what else to try, suggestion welcome. 

Error message: The file can't be opened at this time, please try uploading it again or contact us for help with opening the file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: bryanbruns

There is a file size limit, your file is too big, read about it here http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-360/compare-products
Message 3 of 3
bryanbruns
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. So, it looks like even with the ultimate plan the file size limit is 40MB.

The FAQ on "What type of files does AutoCAD 360 support?" says :

- Uploaded files are limited to 10MB each for free users and 30MB each for pro users.
- Uploaded space is limited to 5GB for free users, 25GB for pro users and 100GB for pro plus users

So, now I can work on making smaller files, leaving out layers or making separate files for subareas. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost