AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 360 Apt

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Cadmanto
537 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad 360 Apt

I have this project that I am working on and decided to upload a couple of the drawings from the package to Autodesk 360.  They copied to the cloud no problem, but when I tried opening them up on my table using the AutoCAD 360 apt, they errored a couple of times then opened.  When they opened, only the border and text opened.  None of the lines in the drawing showed up.  This happened on all three of them.  One of them even after recopying to the cloud.  I am currently using the base free version.  Any thought as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Cadmanto

Are your files uploaded and opened fromhere https://a360.autodesk.com/drive/app/root
or here https://client.autocad360.com/#/filemanager.html

It should be the latter for this forum and for help with it.

What OS is your AutoAD360 app running on? Are you connected to the website through Wifi, hard-wired, or 3G/4G?
Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: pendean

Hey Dean,

The files are in a sub folder in the later link you said it should be in.  These files came from a customer and I believe they were converted from Revit.  They open fine in Autocad, just not in the 360.

The OS is what ever is on an LG Android Tablet

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto

I deleted what I had on Autodesk 360 last night.  I copied new files up to the cloud.  When I went to AutoCAD 360 again, I got the same initial errors on the tablet like before.  It continues to take a could of tries before cycling to 100%.  This time I actually got more of the drawing to open showing the line art substance.  Still not the complete drawing though.

I am going to do some experimenting to see if I create something from scratch and place it up there if the same sequence occurs.  Stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto

So, I created two new drawings starting with blank templates.  The one I cut and pasted from an existing drawing a simple plate cross hatched with some leaders and text.  Everything showed up in AutoCAD 360 except the chart.  The second drawing I just drew some polygons and hatched a couple.  Drew a polyline and no text.  Everything showed up.  Now, it still errored trying to open them and eventually did, so that part did not change.  Being new to AutoCAD 360 I am not sure why the initial errors and why only portions show up.  Everything is there in my AutoCAD session.

Bug in the software?  With the basic this is what you get and if I pay money and upgrade all goes away?  Not sure.  That is why I am posting.  Looking for answers.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Post one of these original problem files please, one you can open in autocad but not in autocad360 on your android tablet.
Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto

Dean,

Here is a screen shot of what I see inside of the apt of this file.  This is one of them that most of the drawing appeared, but the chart did not.

I also noticed that when I copy these files into Autodesk 360 then call them up into AutoCAD 360, they disappear in the Autodesk 360.  Is that the norm?

Screenshot_SmartSelect_2017-02-16-21-16-22.jpg

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Chart is from Excel, embedded as an OLE object: AutoCAD360 cannot handle them, they are dropped completely from the app. Nothing you can do about it as an end user.

Was that the only thing wrong?

A360 files have trouble linking to AutoCAD360 app, supposedly fixed as of yesterday but I'm still seeing issues. If you want to use AutoCAD360 yo need to upload your files there for now, not at A360.

FWIW AutoCAD360 is NOT AutoCAD desktop: it still has features that need to be added (or re-added) to it to be fully comparable.
Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

Hey Dean,  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

What I can tell you is the other files besides being proprietary, were originally created in Revit then converted to AutoCAD.  I am thinking based on what you have said in this thread, this app is not all the way there yet, and with that many translations and conversions, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that these issues are creeping up.  I will try and reload the files up to Autodesk 360 and see if there is any changes/differences.  Thank you for your efforts.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost