Did you mean: 

Multi-Leader Missing Grips

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
2691 Views, 13 Replies

Multi-Leader Missing Grips

Has anyone else ever seen this before?  And if so, do you have a fix?

Problem:  This multi-leader is missing grips.  It's the same multi-leader style as the one to the left with grips...

4-4-2012_8-46-10_AM.png

Todd Rogers
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
scot-65
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

A shot in the dark:
Command -Dimstyle "Apply" and select the troubled leader?

Sometimes our dimensions lose their grips except the text grip, and running this fixes the problem. I'm still not sure why this happens in the first place...

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: scot-65

No dice.  I have attached the drawing in question...

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 14
zalant

I did a LIST command on one of the working mleaders and one of the non-working mleaders. The difference appears to be the Z value. For mleaders that work, the Z value is 0 (zero). For those which don't have all the grips, the Z value is 1.0000000E+99.

To fix an affected mleader, first do a LIST on it. Record the X and Y values of the second vertex. Execute the MOVE command, specifying the middle joint as the base point. Then, type in the X and Y values you recorded, and put in a 0 for the Z value. That should get all the grips back for that mleader.

Were there only a handful of them like this, it would be relatively quick. For as many as there are in this drawing, though, it could take quite some time. I tried using the FLATTEN command, but it didn't work. You might be able to track down some LISP routine out there which could do this for all the objects, and that'd probably fix them all up.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: zalant

Thanks for the reply @zalant.  Yeah I noticed that too.  Problem is, what caused this to happen?  

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 14
itbemedg

To quickly move the z to zero, use the change command, select properties, and select elevation, enter 0.
Message 7 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: itbemedg

Didn't work.

Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 14
zalant

So, by using crossing windows, I was able to relatively quickly isolate the "good" from the "bad" mleaders. I placed the bad ones on another layer, then locked and froze the original layer (with the good ones still on it). I selected all the bad mleaders, which then showed a single grip. I got the coordinates for that grip, then used its X,Y values as the desination point for a MOVE command (entering 0 for the Z value). Finally, I thawed and unlocked the original layer and put all the fixed mleaders back onto it. The result is attached to this post.

As to how these mleaders came to be this way, there's no way to know for certain, as I don't know the drawing's history. My best guess would be that the original objects to which the mleaders were object-snapped all had the same non-zero Z value as the bad mleaders.

Zac Travis
Message 9 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM

Awesome.  Thanks for that.  I am currently working on a lisp routine that seems to be working.  I will share once finished.

Todd Rogers
Message 10 of 14
ToddRogers-WPM

As promised.  See attached...

Todd Rogers
Message 11 of 14
zalant

I admittedly know next to nothing about LISP. Smiley Happy I've loaded up your file and tried MLFL at the Command line, but I'm getting "Unknown command". What should I be doing, instead?

Zac Travis
Message 12 of 14

Did you do APPLOAD to load it?
Todd Rogers
Message 13 of 14
zalant

Weird. I just tried it again, and now it's working fine. Very strange. I had a colleague try it before, and it wasn't working for either of us, between a few different computers. Yes, we were both using APPLOAD, and, while it was loading successfully, it just wasn't being recognized as a command. All good now, though. Oh well. It does take care of the non-zero-Z mleaders quite nicely.

Zac Travis
Message 14 of 14
russ1980

I had the same problem, I fixed it by selecting the problematic leaders, going to object properties and changing the "Annotative" setting from "No" to "Yes". 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost