Did you mean: 

Interference of 2 object --> curve (3D)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
y144812
391 Views, 11 Replies

Interference of 2 object --> curve (3D)

Hello again, i need help with making weld... i have 2 objects which i need weld... how can i extract curve of object interference?

Thx

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ampster402
in reply to: y144812

if at all possible, share the file with us please. But without it, there is a "subtract" command that could be used. The model has to be of true "3d solids" for this to work however and it may require a little testing/recreating one or both solids after the subtract command is used.
Message 3 of 12
Patchy

It helps if you make a copy of the original shapes before UNION the parts, use them to SUBTRACT the shape after the weld and you will get the weld.

For example:

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 12
y144812
in reply to: Patchy

But i need curve of those 2 object which is same for both to make print of it... i am sending my triyng file... I have 2 objects... i will substract 1 to have 1 part and from it i need the side tract/plane/area to make 2d for print like there is 1.) Hope u undestand me.)

Message 5 of 12
Patchy

It crashed when I converted to use 2008.

Can you save it to earlier version?

Message 6 of 12
ampster402

I was able to open your file with 2015 - sorry Patchy I can't attached files to msg anymore otherwise I'd post it saved down to 2007 (IRC the versions for each level, 2007 for 2008 files - could be wrong). But I can see your intent now OP, and am trying to visualize a work flow that could be used in Acad to do this. I have not kept up on all the features available within Acad over the last few yrs so perhaps it has this capability now - but I am not aware of how to "unfold" a 3d model in Acad similar to how this could be done in Inventor for example.
Message 7 of 12
Patchy
in reply to: ampster402

Okee, If it needs to be rolled out flat (Unfold) autocad is not capable of handling it.

Message 8 of 12
y144812

No problem, i have installed inventor too... and there is “unfold“ command or smthing like that? Ty

Message 9 of 12
ampster402

yes there is an unfold command in a sense. Going by your example file, the long cylindrical part could be modeled as a thin walled pipe, converted into sheet metal, add a thin cut along the length (in order to generate a flat pattern of the "pipe" itself) and then you could unfold that. However, if you are looking to unfold that curved surface of what appears to be a solid round pole intersecting with that curved ball shape - I want to say there is no software capable of unfolding that since the bends are happening all over the place, or rather the bends are happening in more than one plane. Besides not being able to attach files to my posts, I also cannot attach screenshots. You may get better or more knowledgeable answers than what I am coming up with if you were to provide a screenshot of that file so others can see it.
Message 10 of 12
y144812

Here is a screenshot... i added 1 step (third) of deleting areas which i dont need.

Message 11 of 12
parkr4st

perhaps like this?  used thickness 2 whole units less than the OD's

Message 12 of 12
parkr4st
in reply to: parkr4st

sorry missed the image attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost