Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent annotation scale for each model space viewport?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
martin.folber
346 Views, 3 Replies

Independent annotation scale for each model space viewport?

Hi guys,

We are really missing this important functionality. Big screens, several tiled viewports in different scales eg. plan view 1:1000, profile view 1:500, section views 1:100. All is labeled by one annotation scale, which is not very usefull and labels are not readable. And switching annotation scale all the time is tedious. Lets add similar behaviour to model space viewports as they have viewports in paperspace. Simple assign annotation scale to MS Viewport...

Thanks

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
m_kingdon
in reply to: martin.folber

Not entirely sure what you mean, a screen shot would really help.

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
martin.folber
in reply to: m_kingdon

Hi M,

thanks for you reaction. I just attached 2 screenshotsm where the problem is shown. Simple, we would like to have similar functionality for vieports in model space as is for viewports in paper space. There is possible to set another anno scale for individual viewports. Nowadays, if you have to tune road sections (in this example), it is necessary to switch anno scale all the time to see all dimensions and texts correctly. Hoping it is clear now.

Martin

Message 4 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: martin.folber

Some of that you can already do. Viewports in modelspace with different scales. e.g. using Z - 1/100xp.

Some unfortunately, not so much. i.e. annotation scales being different in separate modelspace viewports and switching automatically when jumping from viewport to viewport.

I currently use a 32" screen and I use modelspace viewports many times for larger projects. One viewport to see overall, one viewport to see where I am currently working and one to see where my work is going to connect.

Although, it might not be ideal to change annotation scales when used as I do for zooming into a specified area, and not so much with printing from modelspace. I would hate to have to go back and re-assign an annotation scale because I dimensioned something in the wrong viewport.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost