Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to install AutoCAD 2013 Mechanical without Autodesk 360?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
harry35oho
772 Views, 4 Replies

How to install AutoCAD 2013 Mechanical without Autodesk 360?

Working on Autocad 2013 Mechanical. I ALWAYS have the Autodesk 360 SignIn objects on the top bar. I have disabled the Autodesk 360 from the installation list in the network deployment. But this doesn't help. I have also modified the registry and the .ini files but it seems NOTHING helps! How can I install AutoCAD in silent mode without getting these objects on the top bar???

Attached: the bar zone that I don't need after installation. The user shouldn't see these objects on the screen!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SteveChestnut
in reply to: harry35oho

Hello,

I had a similar situation trying to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 without Autodesk 360.

Autodesk is going to make sure 360 gets installed even though you said no thanks.

I thought this was a problem new to 2014.

Now I see it's been there since 2013.

It really bugs me the disrespect Autodesk has for its customers.

I found this fix in a 2014 discussion.

I'm hoping it will also apply for 2013 installations.

Look at the attached screenshot and see if it will work for you.

Good Luck,

Steve

Message 3 of 5
harry35oho
in reply to: SteveChestnut

Hi Steve, I found the lines in ALL the .ini files and deleted the ADSYNC parameres. Of course I have unmarked its checkbow in the deployment's setup! But the Autodesk 360 is stilll installing itself all the times...

Maybe this solution is good for 2014 but it seems it doesn't work on 2013. Autodesk 360 is a big pain is the a--. I don't know how to get rid of it. I always get its objects on the top bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work for a very big international company and I don't want any of the users to have Autodesk 360 on screen!

If anybody else has any other idea or experience please let me know!

Thanx

Message 4 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: harry35oho

I know your ideal solution would be to prevent installation of 360 altogether, but as that does not seem to be possible (for whatever reason), would turning off the "InfoCenter" menu suffice, as described here?:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14863102&linkID=9240617

As this is a simple registry tweak, I believe it can be automated along with the deployment (but I can't help with the specifics).

I tested the registry tweak with basic AutoCAD 2013, and it does indeed turn off the entire "InfoCenter" menu.  (Unfortunately 360 is still accessible via the "Welcome screen..." in the Help menu, but one should be able to disable that via a customized CUI; another PITA, but at least it's possible.)

Message 5 of 5
harry35oho
in reply to: dmfrazier

Wondelful! Thanks dmfrazier! It really worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost