Did you mean: 

freezes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
smp7
262 Views, 4 Replies

freezes

Many times when I'm trying to use hatching, it freezes and/or it won't allow me to place the cursor where I need it to be placed, Also when I want to move an object, the cursor  won't let me place it exactly where I want

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: smp7

It sounds like you might be dealing with memory issues, but with the information you've provided, that's just a guess.

More information about your system, AutoCAD version, history with AutoCAD (is this a new install, new machine or other hardware, new company, etc.) would be helpful.  Be descriptive and include screenshots or a video if you can.

Message 3 of 5
wispoxy

Make sure your snap to grid is off. It will still snap even if your grid is hidden.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Toggle the SNAP to off (F9), and set HPDLGMODE to zero and see if not using the Ribbon speeds things up for you.
Message 5 of 5
smp7
in reply to: dmfrazier

I had version 2012 and now am using 2016.  I am not a pro with the program but use it daily to redraw small renovations on plans, hatch to identify locatons, add furniture or move furniture.  

Without having any formal intro to 2016, these few things are different and I'm not sure what the adjustments are that will help.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost