Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Errors with MagiCAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TT_00
2213 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal Errors with MagiCAD

I dont know if this is right forum but i've been in contact with MagiCAD support and they dont know what the problem is.

I just bought a new laptop and installed both AutoCAD 2013 and MagiCAD 2012.4.
Tech spec on computer:
Lenovo G500s
Preocessor: i7 3612qM 2.1 Ghz
Ram: 8gb
Graphic card: Intel HD4000
Windows 8.1

When i use magiCAD and try to draw ducts, pipes etc. i often get fatal errors. Sometimes just by clicking on the icons for ducts, air devices etc. Something that doesnt work at all is to access the product selection catalog for air devices. I can for example access the radiator product selection catalog sometimes and sometimes not.

I've reinstalled it and i've tried both with service pack 2 and without, same result.

Now i've collected some error messages from AutoCAD which toke me about 5 min to get:(

I'm hoping that someone can understand why i'm having these Fatal errors. Is it because of Windows 8.1?

Unhandled access violation writing:

0x5950510 exception at ba67fa80h

0x245e16b exception at bacefa80h

0xfe425a6b exception at bacefa80h

0xfec20a7b exception at bb91gfa80h

0xfb1bff7b exception at bb91fa80h

0xfbb8109b exception at bacefa80h

0xfc03f95b exception at bacefa80h

0xcc810df7 exception at bb91fa80h

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: TT_00

Win8.1 is not fully supported for AutoCAD: you will need to ask the toher guys about their software.
Roll back to Win8 or explore the Installation Forum for tips of about a half-dozen things to try in the interim until Autodesk releases an accurate fix.
Message 3 of 4
TT_00
in reply to: pendean

This didn't solve my problem. Now i've also changed anti-virus, even tried with a disabled fire wall. I've searched for the error codes and cant find anyone with the same problem.

Now i've started to believe it has to do with lenovo becuase other had trouble with installing AutoCAD on their lenovos.

My laptop works fine otherwise but i dont have too much time, thinking about changing to another laptop.

Message 4 of 4
TT_00
in reply to: TT_00

For anyone else with the same problem: MagiCAD 2012 version doesnt work with windows 8. Thanks MagiCAD support for not knowing that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost