Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Style Overall Scale Changing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
PittyCeller
1001 Views, 8 Replies

Dimension Style Overall Scale Changing

I am trying to set up my own dimension styles but have a reoccurring issue. I will set the scale under the DIMSTY 'FIT' tab to the desired scale, but when I dimension something, it changes sizes. If I go to properties, it shows the Overall Scale as something different than what I set it to under DIMSTY. I have searched high and low for a solution, but have come up with nothing.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: PittyCeller

Can you post a DWG file with your DIMSTYLE defined/in use, and with a "problem" dimension in full view adjacent one that is not in error?
Message 3 of 9
PittyCeller
in reply to: pendean

I can, but none of them are working properly, so there is nothing to base it off of. No matter what I do, the dimension scales itself however is pleases, and it is not annotative either.

Message 4 of 9
PittyCeller

Here is the drawing. I drew a 36" square and dimensioned it twice. One I fixed so it is the correct scale under properties, the other one I left alone.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

which one is "fixed" and which one isn't?

Your DIMSCALE variable is set differently for each dimension each (16 and an odd 1.64965123 setting), the larger one is as defined in your DIMSTYLE.

Message 6 of 9
PittyCeller

Hopefully I can explain this well. I drew both dimensions at the same time. The text for both of them looked like the vertical dimension; really small. 

The one with the text that appears larger is how I would like it to be. It is running horizontally across the screen. I went into the PROPERTIES and fixed the overall scale to 16, which is what I would like it to be, and what it is set to under DIMSTY. But for some reason when I dimension something it changes by itself, in this case to 1.64965123.

I appreciate your help. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask away. I have been trying for a few days to fix this issue.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

So with DIMSCALE set to 16 in your DIMSTYLE, I can only create the larger one with any dimension command. Is there something I'm missing? See attached.

>>>...I drew both dimensions at the same time...<<<
Explain.

Message 8 of 9
PittyCeller

Okay. You have helped me solve my dilema a little bit. You drew the dimensions and they came out the correct size, DIMSCALE 16. When I do it, they come out to the smaller size, even though DIMSCALE is set to 16. So, it must me something with my schools computers.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 9
pendean

You have two DIMSTYLEs defined in your sample file: I was using the 3/4 named one like you did in your sample. make sure that's not the problem, you have the incorrect one as active.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost