Did you mean: 

Certain Layer Properties Not Retained in Saved Filter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SSStudio
394 Views, 5 Replies

Certain Layer Properties Not Retained in Saved Filter

I have used the Save and Load Layer Filter Group function in Layer Properties Manager to preserve and re-use my "dynamic" layer property filters among drawings.

But it seems that some layer properties are not retained in a saved layer filter group.

As an example, these properties seem to save: On, Freeze, Lock, New VP Freeze.

But these properties do not: Plot (No Plot), VP Freeze.

I suspect the saved filter will retain the "global" related property values, but not the Viewport specific values.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: SSStudio

Are you wanting to use LAYERSTATES and not FILTERS perhaps?
Message 3 of 6
SSStudio
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your response Dean.

I am aware of LAYERSTATES.

But for certain purposes, I want to "pole" the current state of layers - whatever they happen to be at the time and regardless of any preconceived grouping.

I then perform whatever property action desired which, in these cases, typically does not include establishing a layer group with particular settings for later display recall.

Message 4 of 6
Victoria.Studley

Hi @SSStudio,

You might also try the -LAYER command > ? > then ENTER to list all layers. However, this only lists the name, global state (no viewport information), color, linetype, and lineweight.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to "poll" the layers using filters in order to view non-global properties.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 6
SSStudio
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank you Victoria,

That's what I have concluded as well.

For now, the filter import into a drawing works, as we say for the global layer properties, and the viewport related layer property works after the logic value is set one time for the particular drawing.

Simple enough for the two or three VP related layer filters I need.

Message 6 of 6
mjung

Sorry to revive an old thread. But the marked solution didn't solve the problem of the filters with "No Plot" being saved.

We need a layer filter to show all "No Plot" layers. The filter is created changing the "Plot" column to "no plot" and works great.

mjung_0-1681928128063.png

But when the filter group is saved and loaded into another drawing the filter is still there but the settings to the "Plot" column have been removed.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost