Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Activate AutoCAD 2016

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
emmatprice
2773 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot Activate AutoCAD 2016

I was using a trial version of AutoCAD LT 2016, and went to activate my version with our office's serial number and product key.  It did not recognize them, so I followed a customer service rep's directions and completely uninstalled AutoCAD, restarted my machine, re-downloaded it, and tried to re-install.  I entered the serial number and product key.  This time when I opened the program I received the error message "Your license is invalid.  Please contact your local authorized AutoCAD dealer", followed by the error message "This product has not been properly activated on this system."  When I click OK it quits AutoCAD.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to make sure this is not because of my own error.  I have also attempted to open it as a trial and do manual activation.  This does not work either, however, because now it will not let me use it as a trial at all.  From the forums it seems like I will not be able to use the trial version at all ever again (even though I still had a week left on my trial!).  As a result there is NO WAY TO DO MANUAL ACTIVATION. 

I have spoken to two representatives on the phone and one via chat and none of them has given me ANYTHING to try, and each has told me they are transferring my case to the "correct department."  This seems like not an uncommon problem!  People with this same issue don't seem to have received any real solutions on the forum - HELP!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: emmatprice

are you using the correct serial number & product key?

you mentioned Autocad LT 2016 then you said Autocad which is it?

Autocad or Autocad LT?

2 different products each with its own serial number & product key

Message 3 of 8
emmatprice
in reply to: Anonymous

It is AutoCAD LT 2016.  I am using the correct serial number and product key, which have been verified for me multiple times.

Message 4 of 8
lynn_zhang
in reply to: emmatprice

Hi @emmatprice

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the activation! You mentioned you have contacted our support team, do you have a support case number than we can check?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 5 of 8
emmatprice
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi Lynn,

Yes my case number is 10975377.  Thank you.

Message 6 of 8

he my friend i have also same problem and i install 50 times useaing and changing different in my system but nothing is working ,....please tell me if you get solution about this problem.....

Message 7 of 8

Hi @krishnakpatel143 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

We are going to need more details on this issue before we are able to help. 

What exactly seems to be the problem? At what point during the installation or activation does the problem occur? 

Are you getting any error messages? If so, could you post an image of that error message or let us know exactly what it says?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 8

Hi - Yes the issue ended up being quite simple (though it took DAYS and many phone calls with increasingly higher up people at Autodesk to resolve!). The issue was that I was signing in to AutoCAD LT with my username, or ignoring the prompt to sign in, and the program requires a sign in from the owner/purchaser of the program to run. It does not make this clear when it asks you to sign in. If you are in an office contact whoever purchased the licenses - you will likely need their username and password for the program to run.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost