Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically show attribute user-info prompt at QNEW

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JonathanRodrigues
232 Views, 1 Reply

Automatically show attribute user-info prompt at QNEW

Hi, I am working on creating title blocks with various orientations for my companies default CAD template. I am attempting to define each title block with attributes that prompt the user to enter the applicable information when they enter that layout tab e.g. "24x36", or "11x17" (or preferrably have a method of sharing user-input data across multiple attributes since they refer to the same things in each title block). The problem is that I have saved the inserted block as part of the standard .dwt and now when I open a new drawing (set to open to this .dwt) there is no prompt to input data for the title block's attributes!

I'm not sure if there is a way to set up a lisp routine to run in acaddoc.lsp that will auto-insert these blocks, but I am open to any solution you may have, the ideal solution being shared attribute data which displays in each title block according to its specifc properties and layout.

Thank you for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: JonathanRodrigues

DWT files don't work like that, never have: you are describing the INSERT command process when bringing in a block with attributes prompts the user to enter the information needed.

The LISP forum is here if you want to repost with a sample DWT and re-write your user-prompt need/request http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost