Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mechanical 2015 object properties issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
206 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Mechanical 2015 object properties issues

A clinet of ours called a couple of days ago saying that when he came in that morning and opened up a drawing and the properties were all empty for him on all his objects. I had him send me a file and downloaded the viewer as well as the eval of 2016. When I opened the drawing he sent me in the Autocad viewer the line properties were all there for me. So I installed the 2016 eval and opened the drawing and they were still there as well. I remoted into his computer this morning and his properties are indeed empty. I say suggestions to try and run the repair on Autocad Mechanical 2015 so I did that, still the same. Repair Autocad360, still the same. Reinstalled Autocad Mechanical 2015 and Autocad 360, still the same issue. The only thing I haven't done is do an uninstall and reinstall is that the only thing left to try? I looked for program installs on the 28th/29th (start morning of the 29th), for Windows Updates that were installed, error messages in the system logs, basically anything weird or unusual that may have happened at that time, but I can't find anything. Before the reinstall of Autocad stuff today the last installed item was the 15th, last Windows Update was the 16th. Is the uninstall/reinstall the only other thing to try to resolve the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Propreties empty in the Properties Pallete?

Symtom of a registry cleaner.

Yes, reinstall it will help.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Yeah that was one of the possible causes I saw in the forums and articles. I did just a reinstall and it didn't resolve the issue. Does it have to be a full uninstall then install? Also will that wipe out any custom settings, tools, etc. the client has made?

Message 4 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Temporarily disable the antivirus and also clean out your Windows Temp folder and do a reinstall.

That's what Autodesk recommended.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

Yes all customized stuff will be gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost