Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 transparency is completely broken!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
knmdk
2833 Views, 22 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 transparency is completely broken!

Dear Autodesk,

May you know that you've completely broken transparency in AutoCAD 2015. Now one absolutely can't plot a PDF/hardcopy of DWG layout that includes Image Attachments and/or Text/Mtext objects featuring TrueType Fonts (TTF).

If you happen to have transparency assigned to Image Attachment object (or object layer) then your image attachment plots out with transparency of 0 (non-transparent).

If you happen to have transparency assigned to Text/Mtext object that uses TrueType Font (or object layer) then your texting won't plot at all. Somehow if you have long Mtext (with mentioned properties) you can eventually get some cut-off part of your text to be plotted (and transparent).

I have tested that in a virgin AutoCAD 2015 trial under a virgin Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 trial. This is surely totally broken. Please do something about it and release a hotfix!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
dgorsman
in reply to: knmdk

Careful with that - you're still bound by the NDA until it's lifted.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 23
SteveCrow5000
in reply to: dgorsman

To say a long standing bug in the system has been fixed???
Get out of here!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Message 23 of 23
the_flotsam
in reply to: knmdk

Publish has never worked for us.  No matter what pen settings we create, when we give shop drawings via PDF to the shop or sales, the lines print out almost invisible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost