Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AotuCad Educational 2013/2014/2015

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bhodgkins0530
408 Views, 9 Replies

AotuCad Educational 2013/2014/2015

I have tried 7 times to install AutoCad educational version, failed all. I have dowload manager but Autocad fails to install.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
darawork
in reply to: bhodgkins0530

Try using the Virtual Agent

The link is in point 1.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 10
matthew.d

Hi @bhodgkins0530,

Also could you try disabling your antivirus software prior to download from the virtual agent.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 4 of 10
bhodgkins0530
in reply to: matthew.d

I closed the firewalls on both Norton and Windows.
Message 5 of 10
bhodgkins0530
in reply to: matthew.d

AutoCad 2015 will download to 2.29 GB and fail. The same scenario for 7 tries.
Message 6 of 10
matthew.d

Hi @bhodgkins0530,

Apologies, that it is continuing to have the issue. Could you try the following:

• Add autodesk.secure.force.com to your trusted sites
  • Temporarily disable Windows UAC
  • Completely delete any install files downloaded in previous attempts
  • Clear your Web browser's cache

If you are unable to install after this, I would recommend contacting Customer Care and requesting direct download links.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 7 of 10

@bhodgkins0530 wrote:
AutoCad 2015 will download to 2.29 GB and fail. The same scenario for 7 tries.

Rather than use the Install Now download method or the Download Manager method, if  you use the Browser Download method the AutoCAD 2015 compressed install file download is only 1.7 GB.

AutoCAD Browser Download.PNG

Message 8 of 10

AutoCAD 2015 educational version did not install using the browser Download feature.
Message 9 of 10
Patchy

Be sure to clean out your Windows Temporary folder to remove all corrupted files that you installed previously, then try to install again.

Message 10 of 10

@bhodgkins0530 wrote:
AutoCAD 2015 educational version did not install using the browser Download feature.

You are skipping ahead of my instructions.  Forget install for now.

All you need to do for now is download a single file (what is your internet connection speed?).

First show me screen capture that  you have downloaded the install file.  (this is essentially the same as having a DVD or USB in your hand - ready to install)

Once I have verified that you can download a file - I will give next step.

If you can't download a file... ...well let's cross that bridge if encountered.

...and

there isn't really any "educational version" it is all the same - you will be activating a student license.

Since it is all the same, and presumably you now have written down your personal student Serial Number and Product Code - you could also download from the Autodesk Virtual Agent (do me a favor and do a screen capture to prove that you are using Browser Download method as many students are confused thinking that downloading with the browser is the same as the Browser Download method).  Click on the Downloads link on the Virtual Agent.

Actually, since you already stated that you used the Browser Download method - you don't need to do it again.  Simply show me - post screen capture of your downloaded file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost