Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DDWF (EDIT SOLUTION?)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sboudreau1
274 Views, 4 Replies

3DDWF (EDIT SOLUTION?)

Now that the Design Review software is starting to fade away what software application will take its place for editing 3DDWF plots? Setting 3DDWFPREC = 6 and using the 3DDWFOUT command I have created a large amount of 3D Models for my students to view and modify online using Autodesk's Design Review software. What will be the replacement software?

I opened some 3DDWF plots (*.dwfx) today in Narisworks Simulate and was able to rotate and move apart the pieces of various models. The problem is that Navisworks Simulate is not free and Navisworks Freedom (2014 anyway) did not contain any tools for editing.

Please advise.

Scotty Boudreau

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: sboudreau1

@sboudreau1 wrote:

.... did not contain any tools for editing.

Scotty Boudreau

Try this https://360.autodesk.com/Viewer

free, doesn't require any software and can be used on phone as well.

I haven't experimented with any of the "tools".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
vladimir_michl
in reply to: sboudreau1

Yes, the A360 Viewer is the simplest way to view these files. Design Review doesn't have any editing tools either (or do you mean markup?).
You even do not need to perform 3DWFOUT, the A360 Viewer directly understands DWG plus many other Autodesk and non-Autodesk CAD formats.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 5
sboudreau1
in reply to: vladimir_michl

The editing tools I am/was referring to are those for move & rotate. Using those tools in Design Review allows users to "pull-apart" 3DDWF models. I finished reviewing 360.autodesk/viewer and the isolation tools should suffice for allowing students to see the internals for the models.

Scotty Boudreau

Message 5 of 5
sboudreau1
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD!

The editing tools I am/was referring to are those for move & rotate within Design Review. Using those tools in Design Review allows users to "pull-apart" 3DDWF models.

As you suggested I reviewed 360.autodesk/viewer and viewed a couple of 3DDWF models. The isolation tools should suffice for allowing students to see the internals for the models. I really liked being able to pull the models apart using Design Review but good things sometimes come to an end.

thanks again my friend.

Scotty Boudreau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost