Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep upside down

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Akmah
2118 Views, 9 Replies

Sweep upside down

My sweeped surfaces and solids are sometimes upside down! It does not happen all the time! Alignment Yes/No does not change anything! I have to rotate my 2D shapes to get it right!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
john.vellek
in reply to: Akmah

HI @Akmah,

I too experience this. I find it happens when I have an arc as the profile to sweep. I usually flip it for it to work correctly but it might be worth drawing the arc in reverse.

Is this what you are seeing or are you having issues with more complex shapes?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 10
Akmah
in reply to: john.vellek

Thank you for responding! I hade the same shape which is a horse shoe shape tunnel and I had to sweep it several times for different routes. suddenly some sweep solids turned out upside down! I did as you suggested ande reverse the polyline but no result!
Message 4 of 10
john.vellek

HI @Akmah,

You can try to mirror (flip) the profile shape and that will likely fix the issue. You are welcome to attach a sample file for me if you would like to have me inspect it for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 10
Akmah
in reply to: john.vellek

Reversing the direction of the polyline of the object did not help, neither changing the direction of the path object. I did a test and clicked at different locations on the polyline, path for sweep operation and it actually made a difference!
Message 6 of 10
Michiel.Valcke

Hi,

Can you share your .dwg file?

Message 7 of 10
ptplans

1/17/20

You know, when I am replying, it would be nice if the name of the person posting this showed up when I am at the "Reply to Message" screen.

Anyways, I had this problem too.  The following may get you thinking.

When I had mine turn "upside down", I noticed that it happened when I had another object in the way. Even if I hid the object in the way, it still did it.  

But I moved the "object in the way" to another location, using ortho to keep it in line.  Then I tried it again, sweeping the object along the path, at which time it didn't turn "upside down".  

Maybe you could try the above.

....Paul Wood

Message 8 of 10
ptplans
in reply to: ptplans

1/17/2020

Hey Akmah,

Sorry if these suggestions are completely out of order.

I also find that if I copy the sweep object, then replace the original with the copy, it helps.

...  PT (Paul Wood)

Message 9 of 10
OmniCardoso

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same issue, where I have a profile which I need to sweep along a line that is curved both in xy and yz planes. It's sweeping my profile upside down, and no matter if I 3D mirror it or the path, it either sweeps upside down or it doesn't sweep at all.
Don't know if it has something to do with self intersecting issues (would love to know how to overcome this particular issue, if there is any way to increase/decrease tolerance).

Message 10 of 10
nick.seman

I had a similar issue when attempting to sweep a closed polyline along a spline that "curved" in two planes.  I was able to get the desired result by using the Base Point and Alignment (Sweep) options.  After selecting the object to sweep I chose the Base Point option and snapped to the corner of the polyline that lies on the sweep path.  Then I selected the Alignment option and keyed in "No" to the question "Align sweep object perpendicular to path before sweep".

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost