Did you mean: 

Random error message performing unrelated commands

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jrampello
468 Views, 6 Replies

Random error message performing unrelated commands

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2015 and an error message stating that there was an error opening a ctb file on our network drive appears.  I am not plotting, the message appears randomly on various routine commads.  Mostly annoying but would like to resolve this issue if possible.  Any experience with this problem? 

Thanks!

Jim
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jrampello

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> an error message stating that there was an error opening a ctb file on our network drive

Can you show a screenshot of that message so we have all details?

My first guess is that it appears every time a layout (or modelspace) is regenerated and has the option "display plot styles" activated within the page-setup dialog.

A second guess is that you do have conflicts with your network, either the network itself or permission conflicts or antivirus software blocking some access to the files.

20160607_0244.png

Start with holding the CTB/STB local and not on the network.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
RobDraw

Or you can make sure the .ctb is where AutoCAD is looking, i.e. with your other .ctbs.

Alternatively, if you do not have the appropriate file, assign one you do have.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 7
jrampello
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The file is located in a folder with the rest of all of the plot style files we use.  The error message states "AutoCAD Error" in the upper bar of the message, no number or any identifier.  The body of the message states "There was an error opening the file S:\std\acad\ms consultants\Plot Styles\monochrome.ctb. Everyone in the company has access to this folder.  The message appears randomly during regular drawing/editing commands.  Not isolated to changing PS/MS or drawing tabs.

Jim
Message 5 of 7
jrampello
in reply to: RobDraw

The path listed in the message is standard for all of the Plot Styles we use.  Access to this folder is company wide.

Jim
Message 6 of 7
jrampello

And the file does exist in this location.

Jim
Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain

FYI: I'm dealing with the same issue here. Fortunately, it's only happening to a group of users who are isolated (on a certain floor, with its own switch, etc.).

So it looks like this is a network issue, limited to a certain portion of the network.  When I figure this out, I'll post back.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost