Keyboard shortcut not working in 2016

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
iwafb
2607 Views, 9 Replies

Keyboard shortcut not working in 2016

HI All,

Recently installed Autocad 2016. Up to now, I've always set-up keyboard shortcuts to some osnaps. Example, SHIFT+C for "centre" and SHIFT+X for "mid between 2 points" etc.

2016 is no different, and the shortcuts seem to work, in as much as if I press SHIFT+c whilst not in a command, I get the following message:

_cen Unknown command "CEN".  Press F1 for help.

However, if I extectute a command, say line and press SHIFT+c, instead of _cen coming up, enabling me to pick the centre of a circle, I get capital C instead??

Is there a variable that controls keyboard shortcuts whilst a command is active? Alternatively, any suggestions/help as to what could be going wrong will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
iwafb
in reply to: iwafb

HI All,

Just following up on this topic. Still hoping someone might be able to help me...

Maybe someone from Autodesk?

Thanks

Message 3 of 10

I had this problem earlier on 2016 as well. Can you try the following and let me know whether it helps.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/keyboard-shortcuts-not-working/td-p/488454...

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 10

HI Vinod,

Thanks for following up...

Unloading and reloading as a partial cui did not work unfortunately.

To provide some more information, i am actually using advance steel on top of autocad, and the shortcuts have been placed in the advance steel cui (main).

It's still behaving the same, that is, shift+C returns _cen when not in a comand, but something seems to be overriding the shortcut when in a command (it is returning a capital C, standard keyboard...)

Cheers.

Dardo

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Can you send me a screenshot of your CUI editor showing the short cut key for OSNAP. Just to confirm again, you change the short cut key there or you are trying to use the default and say if you type LINE and then after picking the point you are trying to activate the shortcut key.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 10

HI Vinod,

Please see below:

150917 - centre shortcut.png

I'm trying to use shift+C as a snap override.

Line, shift+c for snap override, then should be able to select a centre point...

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10

There is already a snapoveride key for center. Can you check the one below and set to the key that you want to and see whether it helps.

Capture.PNG

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 10

Thanks again for your reply,

The overrides didn't seem to work. However (and I though I had checked this), there were duplicate assignments in the override section. I removed all the assigned keys in the overrides and restored the keyboard shortcut assignments and all is good now.

Cheers,

Dardo

Message 10 of 10
Turtlewallet
in reply to: steelforce

I was having the same issue. The object snap overrides seemed to be conflicting with my user defined Shortcut keys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost