Did you mean: 

Importing file from autocadLT2016 to recently renewed licence of 2017 version

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ch_pradeep
227 Views, 3 Replies

Importing file from autocadLT2016 to recently renewed licence of 2017 version

I have files created in AUTOCAD2016. Now I have new License of autocadLT2017 I AM UNABLE TO MIGRATE MY FILES FROM Autocad2016 to 2017
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> I AM UNABLE TO MIGRATE MY FILES FROM Autocad2016 to 2017

Please describe what you try and what you get as result.

By default there is nothing to migrate, the dwg-format for 2016 and 2017 is the same, so just open the file, ... or does that not work? If not .. what messages do you get then?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: ch_pradeep

HI @ch_pradeep,

What file format did you save your AutoCAD 2016 files in?  If it is an older version you can batch convert them to the current 2013 format using DWGCONVERT inside of AutoCAD or DWG Trueview.

If the files are already in 2013 then there shouldn't be a problem opening them in 2017. Can you attach a couple for me to investigate?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: ch_pradeep

Hi @ch_pradeep

I am checking back to see if my post or Alfred's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.
Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost