Did you mean: 

Drop Down menus expanding to the left? How to change

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
maxmoody
2431 Views, 34 Replies

Drop Down menus expanding to the left? How to change

Hi, 

My dropdown menues expand to the left instead of the right and I can't find the options/settings to change this.  Does anybody know where this is located?

Thanks,

Max

34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
TonyRB
in reply to: TonyRB

The fix is in Windows (10 or 8). Its mouse handing.

Message 22 of 35
TonyRB
in reply to: john.vellek

Unfortunately, I can't because of the network config. Do you have another option?
As it stands right now, AutoCAD 2017 forgets all saved workspaces.

Tony R Burke

Klai Juba Wald Architects
TBurke@klaijuba.com
p.702.221.2254 | f. 702.221.7655

www.klaijuba.com

4444 West Russell Road, Suite J, Las Vegas, NV 89118

CAUTION: electronic mail sent through the internet is not secure and could be intercepted by a third party. NOTICE: The information in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above and contains information that is privileged and confidential. The recipient may not use or disclose this message (or any portion), except for the sole purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. This communication by itself is not intended to form a contract by electronic means and nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature.
Message 23 of 35
john.vellek

Hi @TonyRB,

Can you make a Screencast of how you are saving your workspace? I would like to duplicate on my side to see if I can get the same behavior.

When I go into the CUI  I can create a new custom workspaces, set it as the default and also make it current. It seems s to work fine.

I would like to see how you might be doing this differently than I am.

Capture.PNG

Also, to make sure that we are indeed talking about the same thing, Profiles store the settings you have applied in Options whereas Workspaces are related to CUI adjustments.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 24 of 35
TonyRB

John,

I've attached screen shots named in accordance with the events as they occur in the following order:

Launch-Screen
After-Ribbon-Command
Saving Workspace
Overwrite-Workspace

Thanks for your help.

Tony R Burke

TBurke@klaijuba.com

www.klaijuba.com

CAUTION: electronic mail sent through the internet is not secure and could be intercepted by a third party. NOTICE: The information in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above and contains information that is privileged and confidential. The recipient may not use or disclose this message (or any portion), except for the sole purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. This communication by itself is not intended to form a contract by electronic means and nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature.
Message 25 of 35
john.vellek

Hi @TonyRB,

I don't see any attachments in your posts that seem related to this Workspace issue. Please use the Windows Snipping tools to capture the pertinent data, place the resulting files in a ZIP file and attach them to another post.

Thanks! I am anxious to see what you are seeing.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 26 of 35
TonyRB

Do you mean there were no attachments?

Tony R Burke

TBurke@klaijuba.com

www.klaijuba.com

Message 27 of 35
john.vellek

Hi @TonyRB,

I don't see any. Are you uploading from your phone or tablet? Please try doing this with your computer to see if it behaves nicer.

John Vellek

Message 28 of 35
TonyRB

John,

AS you requested, I've attached the screen shots bound in Burke-Screens.zip for your reference.

Screen shots are named in accordance with the events as they occurred in the following order:

Launch-Screen
After-Ribbon-Command
Saving Workspace
Overwrite-Workspace

Thanks for your help.

Tony R Burke

TBurke@klaijuba.com

www.klaijuba.com

Message 29 of 35
john.vellek

Hi Tony,

Your attachment still isn't sticking. Can you email it to me directly and I can add it to your last post?

john.vellek@autodesk.com

John Vellek

Message 30 of 35
john.vellek

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the files - I added them to your post so other member scan join in the conversation.

I did this as a test on my computer as it is sort of hard to tell what your screen shots are showing me other than the original (non-ribbon) open condition and then that the Ribbon shows up when you use that command.

I removed the Block panel from my Home Tab menu. I then used WSSAVE to name and save the configuration.  I then close AutoCAD, reopen and my ribbon still reflects my new workspace.

Perhaps you can prepare a Screencast for me to show me your actions?  Here is another article that might also help.

John Vellek

Message 31 of 35
chris

I experienced a similar issue.   I docked the menu (in this case the layer menu) to the right side which forced it to expand to the left.  I then un-docked it and moved it to right side of the screen (so that it would expand into my left monitor).  

Message 32 of 35
S.weeda5M3J5

Hi Max,

I see that you solved the dropdown menu issue.  "The pull-down issue was a Windows 10 issue, a mouse handing setting, and that’s been taken care of, thank you for the assistance..."  

I have the exactly the same problem with Autocad 2018 LT - Windows 10. All menus are expanding to the left.

Could you please let me know how you solved this?. Which mouse handling settings did you change???.

Looking forward to you reply.

Many thanks in advance!!

Kind regards, Sander 

Message 33 of 35

Hi,

>> All menus are expanding to the left.

Can you please show a screenshot from that?

Also please start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from this dialog, and at least please same from dialog from command _GRAPHICSCONFIG.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 34 of 35
pendean
in reply to: S.weeda5M3J5

Are you on a small-ish laptop display?
Or have a crowded menu list?

The go left/right out of your control based on screen real-estate available, you cannot control that without fixing the underlying problem of a crowded display.
Message 35 of 35
TonyRB
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Please refer to attached zip file containing personal settings screen shots and the requested screen shots as follow:

About Screen

Graphicsconfig Screen

Open Screen (Spanning 2 screens) (Fails to load settings)

My Screen (Spanning 2 screens) (After manual setup)

I sure would love to put this to bed without having to completely redo the setup that already works.

I don't remember when but updating to 2017 caused this fail to happen, meaning, prior to updating

to 2017, the image in MyScreen was loaded every session opening.

Thank you.

Tony B.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost