Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad drawing converted to PDF (arabic) text getting change.

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
d.reodique
41521 Views, 30 Replies

Autocad drawing converted to PDF (arabic) text getting change.

HI Guys,

Our user is having some issue when converting Autocad 2013 drawing to PDF the arabic text getting change.

I've followed this link http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/dwg-to-pdf-problem-in-an-arabic-font-tip7520 and did change the settings as it indicate, but issue is stilll the same. i took a screenshot for reference.

from autocad:

AutoCAD.JPG

converted to PDF:

PDF.JPG

Even from other user that using Autocad 2015 same issue.

Autocad 2013,2015

Adobe reader X(free version)

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
imadHabash
in reply to: d.reodique

Hi,

Let's say this an old new PDF problem issue; which make us always stand doing NOTHING except feeling angry ...Smiley Mad

i have some hope for such a problem i hope it success with you because it's done with me as attached (qatar Logo) 

Let's try the follow:

- make your own PDF plotter from plottermanager command.

- use Add-A-Plotter Wizard (see below image) 

add plotter.png

- continue the steps till you creat (Adobe PDF.pc3) at plotters .

- use it to prepare your drawings for plotting with proper pen assignments (from AutoCAD Ctrl+p).

- don't forget to change the Graphics (see below image)

pdf logo.png

it's work very well with me and i hope either with you Smiley Happy

Good Luck..

Message 3 of 31
d.reodique
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi Imad,

The suggest solution didn't work for me. I resolved the issue by installing foxit PDF reader(trial). For now That is the temporary solution.

Thank you,

Darell

Message 4 of 31
john.vellek

Hello d.reodique,

In the DWG to PDF driver properties you can try changing the Font Handling to Capture all  and As Geometry.

Please post your results so others might benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @d.reodique,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 31
d.reodique
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek,

I also did that before creating this thread, same issue.

for now the temporary solution is Foxit PDF Reader(trial).

Thank you,

Darell

Message 7 of 31
OUAKNINE

Hello,

In AutoCAD CIVIL 2014I write GOOD texts in Arabic.

When outputting PDF or DWF or REEL PRINTER, neither with your methods, nor with PDF creator nor with DWG to PDF, nor with Autodesk DWF writer, ...NOR FOXIT PDF READER respect the case of the words

Texts Are not respected (various tests inconclusive ...Including regional Windows region testing, ...).

I suppose a problem of interoperability/(different dictionnaries) between Autodesk/Microsoft.

Any ideas ???

Message 8 of 31
john.vellek
in reply to: OUAKNINE

Hi @OUAKNINE,

Can you attach some files via eTransmit to a post? I am happy to take a look for you.

Also, have you checked the Regional Settings in your operating system to see if this affects the outcome?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 31
OUAKNINE

Hello,

Yes, I have modified the Regional Settings and rerun my computer.

I just tried to configure a new virtual Adobe PDF printer without succes for the moment. An idea was to untick the option to capture text as shown in different forums propositions to alleviate the problem of inverse writing.

An etransmit is joined.

I await your answer.

Message 10 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

I tried your file and found the same results you did with a variety of PDF drivers. In examining the Mtext, which is defined with Simplex.SHX, I find there is a bunch of override text ({\fTraditional Arabic|b0|i0|c178|p18;تسليم}).

Can you try this for me please? I would like you to try one of the Windows Arabic TTF fonts that should be part or your system. I have included my copies in case yours are not present.

See if you can use one of these fonts to duplicate the issue. 

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 31
OUAKNINE

HI JOHN,

With my poor level of knowledge with "POLICES", I tried to put the police types in my WINDOWS FONT FOLDER.

You can see a screenshot in a etransmit.

Instead, In AutoCAD, i have applied the Arabic Typesetting ti a TEXTE STYLE named ARAB (is it OK ?).

You can see a screenshot in a etransmit.

Results are similar.

(etransmit contenaing NEW DWG & PDF).

Thank you..

Message 12 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

Yes, I can see how this one is not behaving very well either. A work around that I am aware of is to plot to a DWF first. Then you can insert it into a Dwg or print to a PDF from that file.  

I attached a sample for you.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 13 of 31
OUAKNINE

Hello Vellek,

thank you for your help.

Before to begin, I give you link for multipost:
http://cadxp.com/topic/44056-impression-de-polices-arabes/page__p__253272__hl__arabe__fromsearch__1#...

Your help by giving good DWF result encourage me.

Remark: File Preview of your DWF is WRONG, although my regional langage settings for Windows are arabics).

Then I tried different tests using different virtual driver PDF-printer (ADOBE PRO DC , FOXIT Phantom PDF, adobe PDF,...).

Moreover, I used the plotmanager to add two new virtuaal PDF plotters (with TWO different options for police true type AS TEXT OR AS GRAPHICS).

without good results.

I think there is a langage parameter on the ADOBE PRO DC to configure, AS SCREENSHOT joined.

But I'm very worried because my dwg/document will have more than arabic langage (arab and other like english, so two reading directions !)

Can you help me again, by testing different plotters and PDF readers ?

Thank you for your interest.

Message 14 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

The preview image that I posted matched exactly what I saw on my screen in the drawing you provided.  I suggest trying other fonts to see if they deliver different results and I think the DWF will give you the most true to DWG ouput.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 31
OUAKNINE

HI John,

I understand that DWF is the better way to have good results. It is clear for me. But:

1. direct print from DWF have no good result

2. DWF insert in AutoCAD is OK for viewing, but when printing it is the same problem.

3. What I wanted to say for preview, that is shown in the screenshot joined: DWF opened is OK, but preview shown in the Design Review's opening window is visually wrong !

It is a line of thought.

I am convinced that DWF format is the better way. 

But my contractor would like to print real paper or PDF, and so results are thee same: bad. Even if he would print from DWF !

I m sure that other tests with different polices will have the same effects. 

Any idea about ask for help Microsoft, ADOBE or others EDITORS ?

Thank you.

Message 16 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

Can you attach for me a DWF that looks correct? I would like to test a couple of methods to get it to PDF.

John Vellek

Message 17 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

Have you tried inserting the DWF back into AutoCAD and printing it to a printer or PDF? It works for me.

I have no experience using the Arabic fonts outside of AutoCAD so I can't offer advice on what to ask Microsoft or Adobe.  I know that when I paste the MTEXT into MS Word, even though the font is available, I do not get the appropriate display.

John Vellek

Message 18 of 31
OUAKNINE

HI VELLECK,

For response :

1- I can't reproduce your DWF.

But with your DWF document, I can't print it correctly in PDF format,

- neither diçrectly from Design Review, 

- neitehr after integration in AutoCAd Product

2- So I print with brutal method directly from Draftsight 2017 (since I have read an other post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2010-2011-2012/arabic-font-in-the-autocad/td-p/3411337/highlig...😞 it resolved the problem, but it is not a consistent method for me.

How do you arrive to a good DWF, and then to a good PDF, because I've tried so many methods and so many driver PDF.

Thank you.

Message 19 of 31
john.vellek

Hi @OUAKNINE,

So sorry that you are still having this issue.

Please tell me how you are using the characters with formatting to create words instead of having each character separate?  When I select the textand remove all formatting then everything prints properly in the PDF.

Please take a look at these images for how I am plotting to DWF from your file.

Capture0.PNG

Capture.PNG

I am now working on the DWF inserted as an XREF printing properly

John Vellek

Message 20 of 31
john.vellek

HI @OUAKNINE,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I have been trying to find a suitable solution for you and as of yet I have been unable to do so.

Here are the things I have attempted:

Tried different Arabic fonts that come in the the box with Windows

Tried printing to PDF from AutoCAD 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 but the output is a mess as you were seeing too. I used BlueBeam, and the builtin PDF drivers.

Printing to a DWF and DWFx came out nice and clean but even from DWG TrueView, the text again gets messed up in the print.

I tried inserting the DWF into AutoCAD 2017 and when I print to PDF it scales to the size of a dot and then eliminates the Arabic style entirely.

So sadly, I will need to log this as a defect for the Dev Team.

If they have a workaround I will certainly add a post for your information. Thank you for your patience on this issue.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost