Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 Publish Keeps Crashing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sam.sanchez
1095 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 Publish Keeps Crashing

This happens on multiple computers with users working on different projects, but happens only with AutoCAD 2017. When publishing a set of drawings which usually ranges from 150-400 sheets or more, AutoCAD stops working and closes at random points. The last one stopped at page 129 of 156 using single sheet setup.

Settings: Single and multi sheet settings

Publish to: PDF

PDF Preset: DWG to PDF

Layer Information: Don't Include

Merge Control: Lines overwrite

unchecked: publish in background, open in viewer when done, and include plot stamp

When using the Single sheet setting and the crash occurs, the PDFs sit at "C:\Users\%NAME%\AppData\Local\Temp" with random names (eg 3FA62737369E4A5E9DCD2B41805276E3.pdf instead of A103.pdf). The files are unusable because I would expect them to be renamed like past versions even when a crash occurs.

The kicker to this scenario, AutoCAD 2015 will print the same setup and files without any issues. Really need to find a solution to this since the new office standards are on 2017 for over 100 licenses.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sam.sanchez
in reply to: sam.sanchez

See that attached images.

Image 1: The dialog box that pops up when it crashes

Image 2: Screen capture from reporting the crash

Image 3: The PDFs in the temp location with random names and not saved to the folder I pointed to.

Message 3 of 9

I am having this exact same problem.

Message 4 of 9

HI @BEMOTranslator,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  Please type ABOUT at the command line and tell me your exact version of AutoCAD.

Next, I would suggest that you run Publish using the Plotter named in Page Setup to see if the problem remains.

Also, if you find that this fails rather consistently on one sheet in the set you might try to rebuild that one layout and reapply the page setup.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply,

Product version: N.52.0.0 AutoCAD 2017

I have it set to 'plotter named in page setup', and those are all the same.

It seems to help when I delete the .dsd file and previous versions of the sheets in the destination folder, so it may be a problem with overwrite saving, but I am not sure.  Its not a huge problem as long as I remember to save prior to publishing, I can work around it, but it is annoying.

Thanks again for the tips, any further information found would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 9

Hi @BEMOTranslator,

Very interesting! I would suggest applying the updates to your installation. I am currently on N.301.0.0 AutoCAD 2017.1.1 Update.

If that doesn't fix it I suggest trying a different destination to see if that changes the behavior.  Also, if you like, please attach some sample files so I can look at the page setup. Did you perhaps migrate your plotter configurations from a prior version?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 9

I unfortunately did not get much help from Customer Support. I sent in my list of files and they said it would only crash sometimes. They recommended rebuilding the user profile from, but I already created this one from scratch which is what I do anytime a new version comes out. They did say there is a current bug open for the issue, but I doubt it will ever be fixed. my work around is using AutoCAD 2015. The Case Number is 12411570

Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @sam.sanchez,

If you log on as a new Windows user (admin permissions), logon to plain AutoCAD without any customizations, can you tell me if you continue to experience this issue?

What type of add-ins and customization has been applied to your install? I would like to see if bare and out-of-the-box AutoCAD functions properly for you. Then we can explore what else might be affecting your installation.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 9
alan.rackham

Hello

I am having the exact same problem.  I am using Autocad 2017.1 on Windows 10.  Using background publishing turned off It will publish reliably up to about 140 files and then crashes.  I have audit and fixed all the files.  I have purged the files.  I am just trying to publish with background publishing turned on (not using AutoCAD just watching) ..... got to 205.....231.......hope it makes it I have been trying most of the day :-).....Yeah!  It worked.  Try publihing with background publishing turned on.

Hope this helps someone out.  Publishing in foreground seems to be a bug or a graphics driver issue.  I thought Windows 10 took care of drivers for me?

Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost