Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 and NVIDIA Quadro M1000M

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
david_ballinger
6027 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 and NVIDIA Quadro M1000M

I can't find this listed anywhere here, but I provided my IT service the information from AutoDesk about the preferred graphics cards, and their quoting a NVIDIA Quadro M1000M in a Leveno Thinkpad P50 with I7.  I'm not so concerned with the laptop, but more the graphics card option.

Has anyone been using AutoCAD (preferably 2017) with the NVIDIA Quadro M1000M?

I saw a comparison with the AMD FirePro 5100 and this was rated so much better.  Is anyone using this card?

Thanks for any insight provided.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

HI @david_ballinger,

Both cards are on the Recommended/Certified List here. I don't personally have experience with either card so I can't offer a personal recommendation.

I suggest that while the cards are on the approved list, this doesn't mean that they will continue to work with all features such as hardware acceleration and such due to OS changes/ upgrades and driver changes in the future. However being on the list is a great start.

I would recommend going with the one that is favored in the reviews you trust.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5

Hi @david_ballinger,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.
Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5

I was disappointed no one showed up who has actually used the M1000M card.  The list of compatible devices helped me understand what I could get in the mobile format.

We'll be getting laptops with the NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4GB.  Ordering them today. 

Message 5 of 5
KCRCAD
in reply to: david_ballinger

I have the same specs on my new workstation. Now trying to get Autocad to recognize the quadro over the intel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost