Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 - 4K support

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
3269 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 - 4K support

Hi

So I download the newest version of the autocad and also update the 2017.1 patch, but it still can not fix the scaling problem. My computer is dell xps 15, can anyone give me some adivce? Really apreciate it

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymoushello, try to reduce your display resolution 1920 x 1080 and see if this helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am sorry that the update didn't fix it. Are you sure that it actually got applied? You should be able to see little orange dots (I like to call them blobs) that show new features on the ribbon.

Please type ABOUT at the command line to show the exact version of AutoCAD installed.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi
I type about and it show 2017 sp1 so I guess that is the newest version?
And I can't find the little orange dots. I think the update did worked when
I first installed the software, but it is not working now. It's pretty
weird, because I did't use the app since I installed it.
Best hao
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi
It did helps but that is not the solution I look forward cuz I heard the
2017 sp1 version has fixed the problem. Anyway, thank for your help~
Best
hao
Message 6 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Service pack 1 is not the same as Update 1. This indicates that the update 1 is not installed. My version for instance, is N.212.0.0 AutoCAD 2017.1 Update.

If you are a subscription, maintenance or educational user you will find Update 1 available in your Autodesk Desktop App or in your account page online.

Take a look and see if it is available for your license.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you able to download and install the Update 1? If so, did it fix the 4k issue for you?

If you are not on a license that is entitled to the Update 1, I would imagine that future releases will incorporate this functionality.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

Hi

Thank for your advice, my autocad is an education version, but I can't find the update 1 in my account and the desktop app. Then what should I do?

Best Hao

Message 9 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I have been told that educational licenses are eligible for the update. perhaps it has not yet pushed out to customers yet.  Please check tomorrow to see if it is available. If it isn't I will see if there is anything on my side that I can do to make it available to you.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Hi

Sorry again, I can't find the tomorrow option. And I attached a screenshot of the account page, is it helping?

Best

Hao

Message 11 of 19
john.vellek

Hi Hao,

Go ahead and install the service pack that shows up there. Then go to the Products and Suites to see if the Update is available then.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Hi 

I have installed then before, and it didn't work. Can I find the intall file of the update 1 anymore, so that I can update it manually?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Hi 

I have installed them before, and it didn't work. Can I find the install files of the update 1 any other place so that I can update it manually? (sorry, for the crazing typo, I don't know what I am doing...)

Best hao

Message 14 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous, You need to have service pack 1 installed prior to Update 1.

Do you still not see it in your account page or in your Autodesk Desktop App? I can't attach a file here for you so I suggest that you contact License Management from here.

If they can't help you , please send me a personal message and I will see if there is another method to make this available to you.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 19
amberph

hi @Anonymous,

Can you try to log in to your Autodesk account to see if you can see update 1 there?

here is the link for autodesk account. https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates 

Peng Hong

Senior Experience Designer
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

Hi John

I have also a student licence and same problem. I can't find the Update 1 on the Product Update page.

What is the solution ?

Thx for your support

Clementine

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 09.09.50.png

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Hi John, I can't find the Update 1 on the Product Update page. What is the solution ? Thx Clementine

Message 18 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you using a student (educational) license?  Please see if you are able to see it in the Autodesk Desktop App after you login.

I know there have been some problems getting it to appear in the account page and that the problems is in the process of getting fixed. Thanks for your patience.

John Vellek

Message 19 of 19
JianStewart

Hi @Anonymous,

As John said, we didn't fix scaling issue for 4K monitor.

Here are some of fixing dialog or palettes in Update 1: Layer Manager, Command Line window, Property Palette, File Navigation dialog box, pick box cursor, grips, View Cube, and UCS icon etc.

BTW, could you upload a capture for this scaling dialog?

Thanks

Stewart

Stewart Li
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost