Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

54 REPLIES 54
SOLVED
Message 1 of 55
Anonymous
165889 Views, 54 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

good morning. my mouse wheel worked for panning while i am in the middle of a command, put now it stopped working and when i click the wheel i get my osnaps command. how can i get my mouse wheel to pan again?

thank you

54 REPLIES 54
Message 21 of 55
ron_mak
in reply to: heinsite

Adding to this post for others who have similar issues but the solution by heinsite did not work.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo as does another operator in my office.  For some reason several weeks ago I was no longer able to pan with the wheel in cad.  However a wired mouse worked, as did a different logitech wireless mouse.  Then today, my wireless keyboard went down.  I swapped with the other user who had found her mouse was no longer panning.  That fixed her problem (she could pan with the mouse that I was unable to pan with), but her keyboard still didnt work on my computer.

Solution:

• Remove your wireless USB receiver and reboot.  (You will need a wired keyboard and mouse)
  • In the device manager, under the View menu Show Unused Devices.
  • Delete all unused keyboards and mice.
  • Shut down and plug in the USB receiver.
  • Boot up and allow the plug and play drivers to self install.

Hope this works for the rest of you.  

By the way, this had nothing to do with AutoCad other than that is the program where most of us pan with the wheel mouse.  I had the same issue with my cad based survey software (MicroSurvey which is built on the intellicad engine) and AutoCad Map 3d 2015.

Message 22 of 55
droy
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

@rainmanoliver1 wrote:

Probably a bit late to help the original posts, but I was experiencing the same issue this morning. What fixed it for me was toggling the 'insert' button on my keyboard. Don't ask why this worked, but it did. 

Dell laptop, using laptop keyboard and wireless Logitech M510 mouse. 

Hopel that is of help to someone else out there...

-rC

Rainman - you did it!  Nothing else fixed it but your tip on the insert key.  THANK YOU!!!!!

Message 23 of 55
PaulHewson6588
in reply to: Anonymous

Set Scroll wheel (forget Autoscroll, and Universal Scroll), to "Other" and then set it to "Middle Button".

That will allow you to use it to pan when the wheel is depressed and zoom when the wheel is rotated.

Message 24 of 55
andremartin93g
in reply to: csloce

@csloce wrote:

I'm using AUTOCAD LT 2014.  My middle mouse button (wheel) will control zoom but it will not pan when I click the wheel.  I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse.  MBUTTONPAN is set to 1.  I've checked all settings in the control panel.  The wheel works perfectly fine in all other programs.

I've tried establishing a new button in the mouse control under the Manage Tab on the ribbon.  It seems like that might be the solution but I need some guidance.

Any sincere help will be appreciated.

I had exactly the same problem, but I just unupagrade the mouse controller.

1. Control Panel

2. Hardware and Sound

3. Devices and Printers

4. USB Receiver (which in my case is my keyboard and my mouse) > Properties

5. Hardware > Select Mouse HID-Compliant

6. Properties

7. Controller > Driver Rollback

I have a Wireless Logitech Optical Mouse (from Cordless Desktop EX-100), I hope it can help you too.

Message 25 of 55

My dad found something more interesting for the people who have the EX-100 keyboard. It is called SetPoint, which would be the driver of the keyboard. You just need to install de product (here is the link), which is free, and go to mouse option, it says "Cordless Optical", go to Button Settings and there, in the number 3 button, you must select the option "other" and look for "Generic Button" in the list below. Apply, and it's done.

SetPoint Configuration > Cordless Optical > Button #3: Other > Generic Button

Link: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/cordless-desktop-ex-100-product

Message 26 of 55
Jade_Engineer227

Same problem for me. I tried everything that was suggested on here (MBUTTONPAN, Windows mouse settings, new batteries, etc...) I eventually switched the USB port and restarted the computer and that worked.

Message 27 of 55
Egirl1423
in reply to: psani

How do I get to my mouse settings? I am using windows with a microsoft mouse, but I dont know where the mouse settings are located. Please help!

AutoCAD Educational 2015 version.

Message 28 of 55
heinsite
in reply to: Egirl1423

The first place you might want to check is within Windows itself.  Got to the Control Panel from your Start button and look for "Mouse" in the Computer's Settings list.  Within that you can change a number of settings and assignments.

The next place to look is within AutoCAD itself.  Right click anywhere in a drawing and select Options.  In the System tab you can check the settings in the panel titled Current Pointing Device.

Another option is to use any specific mouse software that might have come with your device.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 29 of 55
Egirl1423

When I do that, the "Current Pointing Device" options are grayed out and there is no scroll wheel options in my windows settings, for some reason it does not show up. What do I do?
Message 30 of 55
viliuzk

I notice something interesting on my windows 10 Dell laptop. When I start autocad as administrator, mid pan button does not work. If I simply start autocad without administrator rights, mid button works fine.

I use wireless Logitech M560 mouse nad K270 keyboard.

Message 31 of 55
sunilAB64P
in reply to: andremartin93g

it worked. your directions helped in finding the generic button. thank you.. happy drafting again!

Message 32 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: brymore1

I have tried everything in the Autocad,Windows 10 and Logitech Setpoint setting and nothing brought back the pan function. Setpoint indicated the battery was fine and everything else worked in other programs. When I put a new battery in the mouse the pan function worked a little, but slowly, so I tried another brand of battery and everything works fine now. Like you said - Go figure.
Message 33 of 55
sunilAB64P

The setting of mouse's middle wheel needs to be set as generic button and then it works fine.   Sunil Sakhalkar
Message 34 of 55
Anonymous

Where can I type the MBUTTONPAN command? I am using Autodesk Navisworks 2015, Freedom and Manage.

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous

How can i make the mouse scroll as a move command in autodesk 2012
Message 36 of 55
Anonymous

me too having this issue i tried wat u people said but still m facing the problem again...... pls help me

Message 37 of 55
pendean

Start your own thread and describe in detail what the problem is, what exact version of AutoCAD you are using, your Windows version and your mouse brand, model and driver version.
Message 38 of 55
gercody

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my scroll wheel to pan in Inventor? I opened up a drawing this morning and it was working. Now it won't respond. It also does it with a model as well.

Thanks.

Message 39 of 55
MuhammadNaveedAnjum

Thanks buddy....

Message 40 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: ron_mak

Hi.
     Just got the fix:  configure the button  7  (change app)  to center button  like the pic  attached,  that makes pan Works in Autocad 2017, I think because center button  when pressed change the way it behaves. (linear or with cliks, you cant make it work when pushed)  LOGITECH M560

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost