Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution problem scaling in AutoCAD 2016

144 REPLIES 144
Message 1 of 145
henrykz
38453 Views, 144 Replies

4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution problem scaling in AutoCAD 2016

We will be replacing all our CAD workstation this year including monitors supporting UHD (4k) resolution. We just had first one configured. And here is the problem – AutoCAD 2016 is not doing very good job scaling fonts, dialog boxes etc. “Start” screen is completely not able to scale in 4k resolution. We use 4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution (UHD), 60Hz on U28D590D - Samsung UHD 28” Monitor. Standard HD resolution (1080p) works perfect. Are you planning to address this in some future service packs or fixes?

Tags (3)
144 REPLIES 144
Message 141 of 145
jd.ruben
in reply to: john.vellek

So what are we do do then?  Just saying it's not supported is not much help!!

Message 142 of 145
pendean
in reply to: jd.ruben

If you use (or wish to upgrade to) AutoCAD2017 then you can go grab the 2017.1.1 update (see the "point one point one" in the name) from your active subscription-only updates page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Read about it here: http://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/autocad-2017-fall-update/

Note: It doesn't solve all the problems, just many of them. A better fix will probably show up in AutoCAD2018 next year or 2019 the year after.

But... AutoCAD/LT 2016 and lower were not designed for high-res monitors. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, AUTODESK IS NEVER GOING TO FIX THESE OLDER VERSIONS. These older versions only run on displays set to 1920x1080 (also try 2560x1440 and up to 2560x1600 if you have that option) and at 100% text scaling (no more than 125% text scaling). It will not look good on 4k displays settings on modern PCs and laptops 😞
Read all about it here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Odd-gra...

Message 143 of 145
blum
in reply to: pendean

Hi everybody,

At least I have found a way for the special case of: Autocad 2016 via Parallels Desktop on iMac 5k. My description might not be very clear due to the fact that I am working on a French system, but I hope you will find the commands anyways. In the display menu of the virtual machine you can set the "resolution of Retina display..." to "adapted" instead of "best for Retina display". Then, when working in Coherence mode it should work.

Clemens.

Message 144 of 145
chill23581
in reply to: Backnblack

lol i clicked "Here" lol i lost my composure in the middle of a dead quiet office full of ~50 ppl.....

good one.

i know its old, but good one

Message 145 of 145
Koki4
in reply to: chill23581

Looking for solution myself, I came across a smart person post that fixed his Adobe software , I did applied his Reg edit add on(merged into the Registry), and as he instructed but adopted his file to Autocad and Voala .. Worked..

Link with instructions For Adobe below

Just do it for Autocad, I am attaching the Files I used, No altering needed, Copy the  .Manifesto file where acad.exe is situated, Run the .Reg File accept al the prompts, and that's it..

Just make sure in OPTIONS tick off <Use Large buttons for Toolbars > (like is by default)

I attached screenshot where I pasted the  .manifesto file.

after that fix it tested Autocad on FHD screen(that is my second screen) I dragged the window across and it resized to Normal in that screen, So no issues with applying the Reg file to FHD  screens.

Only what I picked up is that the icons on the buttons because are now resized slidly larger are a bit blurrier than how the look on FHD screen, I suppose because for 2016 there were no higher resolution icon files? 

But this is very minor inconvenience to live with.

At least the command line, Properties, Layer drop menu, etc look proportional, not like when I changed to Large Buttons on Options..

https://danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Hope it helps

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost