Did you mean: 

Model space appearing in paper space as background

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
686 Views, 5 Replies

Model space appearing in paper space as background

Hi,

I'm working with AutoCAD 2010. I'm not sure what setting is turned on, but essentially the model space is showing up in paper space as a background (cannot click on it, will not plot). The real kicker is that model space will appear again and again for each viewport that I create. Here's a screenshot of just one viewport created in paperspace with the model space background.

Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 10.36.15 AM.png

Any ideas what setting I need to turn off to make this disappear?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi have you done a page set up?  

It can look like this if you have plotted a window (the bit that looks black). Worth checking that you have set your paper size correctly & your viewport is not larger than your paper size.

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Two viewports?
Or an errant XREF file in the wrong space?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

This phenomenon occurs with every autoCAD file I have on the computer, even the ones I have started from scratch. The model space background will repeat for each viewport (see another screenshot with multiple viewports and multiple associated model space backgrounds). This is why I think it's a setting in options that has been turned on.

Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 11.40.51 AM.png

Message 5 of 6
pendean

That's not something you turn on/off, it's not a 'feature'.

The latest image looks like your viewport is clipped from a much larger one and you see 'bleed-through' of the rest of the file. Is that how you are creating your viewports?
Otherwise your video card may be failing you: system specs? OS? 32bit-64bit? Video card being used?
Message 6 of 6
jggerth

what is your display adaptor, and what driver are you using?

Are any other machines available you can try out and see if the problems happens there as well?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost