AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover *.ac$ file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
8259 Views, 7 Replies

How to recover *.ac$ file

I get an internal error when i try to copy a layout tab. A window shows, "Internal Error: !dblaymgr.cpp@654: eNullObjectId"

It saves my file as an *.ac$ file but I CANNOT find how to recover this *.ac$ file.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

rename to *.dwg and you can open it. "morriseng" wrote in message news:30159075.1092408545484.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I get an internal error when i try to copy a layout tab. A window shows, >"Internal Error: !dblaymgr.cpp@654: eNullObjectId" > > It saves my file as an *.ac$ file but I CANNOT find how to recover this > *.ac$ file. > > Any suggestions? Thanks!
Message 3 of 8
metpar

You'll often find the ???.ac$ file in your Windows 'Temp' folder along with a .bak file perhaps. If it's not there and you can't find it, do a global search on your PC for any file with either extension (*.ac$ or *.bak). In either case, look for the file that has the most recent date/time stamp and rename the file extension to .dwg and then open it.

If the drawing is not recent enough for you, you may want to consider changing the time interval at which automatic backups are created. You can do so under the "Tools/Options" menu. Then click on the 'Open and Save' tab.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

An AC$ file may or may not contain your drawing data. If you're looking for an Autosave file, the default extension is SV$. Find it, change (rename) the extension to .dwg, then open it. ___ "morriseng" wrote in message news:30159075.1092408545484.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I get an internal error when i try to copy a layout tab. A window shows, "Internal Error: !dblaymgr.cpp@654: eNullObjectId" > > It saves my file as an *.ac$ file but I CANNOT find how to recover this *.ac$ file. > > Any suggestions? Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Metpar -
Thank you - I have changed that interval setting. I hope this prevents this from happening again!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for this suggestion. I renamed the file in DOS and tried to recover the document in AutoCAD - but it cannot be recovered. I see AutoCAD recognized the file and tried to recover it but it got bogged down before complete and shut itself down.

thanks for the reply and I appreciate the help!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for your suggestion. I have done a complete scan and have found no *.SV$ files. You were right - the *.AC$ file could not be recovered after renaming. I appreciate your suggestion - thank you very much.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:48:35 GMT, morriseng wrote: >I get an internal error when i try to copy a layout tab. A window shows, "Internal Error: !dblaymgr.cpp@654: eNullObjectId" > >It saves my file as an *.ac$ file but I CANNOT find how to recover this *.ac$ file. > >Any suggestions? Thanks! .ac$ files are temporary files used by AutoCAD and are not necessarily drawing files. Autosave files have the extension .sv$ and these can be renamed to DWG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report