AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste in Acad 2002 not working

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
qlambert
2597 Views, 15 Replies

Copy and paste in Acad 2002 not working

I go into a dwg and go to edit>copy. Then switch to another dwg and go to edit>paste and nothing happens. The command code is _pasteclip but no entities are introduced in the dwg. Common problem??
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: qlambert

go to tools > option > user preferences >
windows standard behavior

make sure "windows standard accelerator keys" is
checked.

This will restore the "ctrl+c" function to
copyclip.

I am not sure if this is what you need, but give it
a try and post back if it does not work.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
go into a dwg and go to edit>copy. Then switch to another dwg and go to
edit>paste and nothing happens. The command code is _pasteclip but no
entities are introduced in the dwg. Common problem??
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

You may want to try and recompile your acad.mns file for the menus. To do this delete the acad.mnu and acad.mnr files from your support directory where you installed autocad 2002. Then open autocad again. This will automatically recompile the menu file. Also you may want to try using the windows shortcut commands for copy and paste which is Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V for paste. To turn this feature on go to the menu tools>options then in the options dialog box go to the tab that says User Preferences. Make sure that the "Windows Standard Accelerator Keys" is checked. Apply changes and then restart AutoCAD. That is all I can think of for now but if I run across anything else I will let you know

later
Johnny
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Is this drawing specific?

Try to open 2 new drawings and draw some lines on
the first one and copyclip/pasteclip to the second drawing.

--
Best Regards, Jimmy B
CAD and Database Developer Manager at

href="http://www.pharmadule-emtunga.com">www.pharmadule-emtunga.com

Take
a look at the trial version of SmartPurger (now for AutoCAD 2004) or
download
some freeware at www.jtbworld.com
More
on AutoCAD 2004;

href="http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004.htm">www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004.htm

href="http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004tips.htm">www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004tips.htm

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
go into a dwg and go to edit>copy. Then switch to another dwg and go to
edit>paste and nothing happens. The command code is _pasteclip but no
entities are introduced in the dwg. Common problem??
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

What happens when you use COPY and PASTE from the right-click menus? (I have just about forgotten all the longer ways.) Bob
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I HAD THAT PROBLEM WHEN I TRIED PASTING AN OBJECT WHICH HAD A WIPEOUT ASSOCIATED WITH IT BUT I DID NOT HAVE THE EXPRESS TOOLS LOADED. ONCE I LOADED THEM I COULD PASTE THE ENTITIES.
Message 7 of 16
MB-CAD

Seems like there is no solution to the problem. I find it is drawing and machine specific. A 2000i user has the problem doing a copyclip from one drawing to another. I can go in with my 2004 and do it just fine. The 2000i user can create or open 2 different drawings and it works fine. So the problem is therefore only certain drawings in conjunction with certain applications. Good one, eh? Solution...upgrade to 2004?!$?!$?!$?
Message 8 of 16
PatrickRoberts

Are you selecting the object first? Then selecting edit>copy? If so, type "pickfirst" at the command line and make sure it is set to 1.
Patrick Roberts
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

I've got this problem but it seems to be specific to dimensions. There are some dimensions in certain drawings (that were created in ACAD 2004) that I cannot copy/paste. If I copy and then paste into a different drawings, it doesn't give me an error message, just nothing happens. If I paste as block, it actually pastes in the PREVIOUS thing I've copied.

It only does it on certain dimensions. My only solution is to redraw the dimensions in ACAD 2002 and erase the old ones. Then they copy/paste just fine.
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

have the same problem. When I use AutoCAD 2002 to open a drawing only saved by LT2007, I lost copy/paste function in AutoCAD 2002 for these drawings only. I also noticed a couple of windows flash off when open those drawings. I can't get the content since it's too fast.
Message 11 of 16
m_meshulam

The first dwg should be in world UCS
Try it and let me know if it work
Message 12 of 16
jlang1002

I'm having the same problem but it seems to only happen with drawings that were created in a newer version of Acad (2007) and saved down to Acad2002. I have no solution but maybe there's just a compatibility issue.
Message 13 of 16
mahahaavaahava

Hello all:

known problem. Only fix is to fix 2007! Here's the link for the fix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7450124&linkID=9240618

"This hotfix will correct a problem where cut and paste, copy and paste, block and insert, wblock and insert, and drag and drop operations fail in drawings that are saved in AutoCAD® 2000 and AutoCAD® Release 14 file formats.

If you open or create a file in AutoCAD 2007 and save it in AutoCAD 2000 or AutoCAD Release 14 file formats and then open the drawing in AutoCAD 2000, 2000i, 2002 or AutoCAD Release 14 and attempt to cut and paste, copy and paste, block and insert, wblock and insert, or drag and drop objects, then these operations will fail."

/Petri
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

You may have Express Tools loaded. If this is the case go to Tools> Customize> Keyboard> Menu Group. Here pick EXPRESS, then select Autocad Commands under Categories, under commands choose Copy to Clipboard and set CTRL+C under Press new shortcut key & assign, do the same for Paste from Clipboard. Hope this helps. Edited by: doingsteel-dhy on Mar 11, 2010 5:52 PM
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I can solve the problem..in your original dwg, go to edit..click copy link..the whole dwg will be copied....n close the dwg....then open a new dwg..go to edit..click pasteto original coordinates...the whole will be paste...save n replace the original dwg..done..I try to use the method as suggested in acad 2007 but couldn't work...anyone solve it ?
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

Copy to Clipboard and paste from clipboard are functions of Windows, not AutoCAD. When my pastes occasionally fail, I will look at my command line to see what AutoCAD is trying to tell me. It will usually say upon trying to paste, "Invalid". What I do in this case is I run a purge and then try to paste again. This always works for me, meaning the clipboard did its job of holding the info to be transferred, but just something in AutoCAD required a purge before the paste part of the operation could be completed. No need (in my case anyway) to go through all the other stuff looking for a fix....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report