Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector library

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
j.turner.12
5459 Views, 5 Replies

Vector library

On ArtCAM standard, how do I create a vector library? And does it come preloaded with standard vectors when you purchase ArtCAM standard? We are currently on the 30 day trial. 

Thanks so so much for any help.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @j.turner.12,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and ArtCAM Forum!

@j.turner.12 wrote:

On ArtCAM standard, how do I create a vector library? And does it come preloaded with standard vectors when you purchase ArtCAM standard? We are currently on the 30 day trial. 

Yes, the Vector Library is included in Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, and it includes a selection of vector artwork. 

Please select the Vector > Vector Library menu option to display the Vector Library panel. Alternatively, click the Vector Library button on the Vector Creation toolbar. Please watch the screencast below:

When installing Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 on your computer, a Vector Libraries folder is created in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArtCAM Files\Vector Libraries by default. 

I recommend that you select the Help > Contents menu option to display the Reference Help, then read the Menus > Vector Menu > Vector Library section in full.

Thanks for your time and cooperation. If the provided information is helpful to you, please be kind enough to click the Accept As Solution button. Alternatively, Reply back to me and I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Prashant.G
Message 3 of 6

Hi Prashant!

Thank you for your help, that was great.  When I go to Vector Library, there is nothing installed/preloaded.  Is there any way we could reinstall the vector library?

Thanks so much for any help.  Also, would it be possible for you to email me directly?  I just now found your response to my question on the forum, haha.

Jamie

Message 4 of 6

Hi @j.turner.12,

@j.turner.12 wrote:

When I go to Vector Library, there is nothing installed/preloaded.  Is there any way we could reinstall the vector library?

There is no default set of vector libraries included in the Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017 software installation, and this explains why the folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArtCAM Files\Vector Libraries is empty by default and the Vector Library panel in the software displays no content.

Please find attached a zip archive containing the contents of the Vector Libraries folder included as part of the ArtCAM 2015 R2 installation. If you extract the attached Vector Libraries.zip file to C:\Users\Public\Documents\ArtCAM Files on your computer (overwriting the empty Vector Libraries folder there), restart Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2017, and then select the Vector > Vector Library menu option in an open model, there will be some content displayed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 6
phoeve
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Thanks for the clarification and the zip file.  Was this an oversight or has Autodesk decided to discontinue the inclusion of a vector library?

Would you post a zip file of the relief clipart?  That too is not included.

Thanks in advance ~P

Message 6 of 6
dillon.moulder
in reply to: phoeve

Hi @phoeve,

@phoeve wrote:

Was this an oversight or has Autodesk decided to discontinue the inclusion of a vector library?

No, this was not an oversight. There is no vector library included as part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 and Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product ranges.

phoeve wrote:

Would you post a zip file of the relief clipart?  That too is not included.

If you want to download the Relief Clipart Library associated with the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 product range, please refer to this article in the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report