Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector Import issue

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Silvertek
5556 Views, 22 Replies

Vector Import issue

When importing vectors from CorelDraw as an EPS or AI into Autodesk Artcam, the size comes in very large. I am using inches in Corel, and inches in Artcam...that said, although I have not done the math, maybe Artcam thinks it is in a metric size? This was not an issue with previous versions for me. Any ideas?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ECSchultz

Hi @ECSchultz & @mikepautz,

@ECSchultz wrote:

I'm having the same problem even though I am working on Service Pack 3 build 238.

The vectors come in at the correct size unless they were saved from my CNC program.  This was never an issue with previous versions.  This CNC program cannot output vectors in PDF format.

Are we still waiting for the fix or should this be resolved by now?

The Development team have implemented a fix for this issue, and it will be included as part of a future software update; the fix is not included in the fourth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. I'll be sure to let you know as and when it is available to download.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 22 of 23
ECSchultz
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Good to know Dillon.  I'll keep an eye out for that.  Thank you for your time.

Meanwhile, I think I'll stick with starting in 2015, then opening in 2017.

Message 23 of 23
dillon.moulder
in reply to: ECSchultz

Hi @ECSchultz & @mikepautz,

@ECSchultz wrote:

I'm having the same problem even though I am working on Service Pack 3 build 238.

The vectors come in at the correct size unless they were saved from my CNC program.  This was never an issue with previous versions.  This CNC program cannot output vectors in PDF format.

Are we still waiting for the fix or should this be resolved by now?

The fix for your reported issue is included in the fifth service pack release for the Autodesk ArtCAM 2017 product range. Please download and install it, and then be kind enough to accept this post as a solution.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report