Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use on two computers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pakpck
499 Views, 3 Replies

Use on two computers

I am a ArtCAM maintenance customer that just renewed my maintenance contract and switched to AD ArtCAM 2017 from ArtCAM 2015 R2. In the past I have been able to use ArtCAM on the computer in my office and then take the dongle and use it on a computer on the shop floor. This is not something I do a lot but having the ability to make a few minor tweaks in the program on the shop floor saved me a lot of time. As long as I had the dongle I could use it on any machine with the software. What is the situation with the new dongle free AD ArtCAM Premium? I asked a lot of questions before I renewed this time but this is one I didn't think about. Do I need to go back and talk to my salesman?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: pakpck

Hi @pakpck,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the ArtCAM Forum!

@pakpck wrote:

I am a ArtCAM maintenance customer that just renewed my maintenance contract and switched to AD ArtCAM 2017 from ArtCAM 2015 R2. In the past I have been able to use ArtCAM on the computer in my office and then take the dongle and use it on a computer on the shop floor. This is not something I do a lot but having the ability to make a few minor tweaks in the program on the shop floor saved me a lot of time. As long as I had the dongle I could use it on any machine with the software. What is the situation with the new dongle free AD ArtCAM Premium? I asked a lot of questions before I renewed this time but this is one I didn't think about. Do I need to go back and talk to my salesman?

You have a stand-alone license for Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 with single-user access. Although you are permitted to install Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017 on two different computers, the license does not permit for concurrent usage. Please refer to this page, which states:

For most Autodesk products, a copy can be installed on a second computer for “non-concurrent usage”, meaning the two copies cannot run at the same time. This allows for use of your Autodesk product on your work computer as well as your personal computer at home for example.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4
pakpck
in reply to: dillon.moulder

Thanks for your reply. I am the only person that uses it. I am a two person shop. I run the CNC my wife runs the laser. She doesn't know how to use ArtCAM. I program and then go to the shop to cut the part. In the past I just took the dongle with me.

Get Outlook for Android
Message 4 of 4
dillon.moulder
in reply to: pakpck

Hi @pakpck,

@pakpck wrote:
I am the only person that uses it. I am a two person shop. I run the CNC my wife runs the laser. She doesn't know how to use ArtCAM. I program and then go to the shop to cut the part. In the past I just took the dongle with me.

The setup you've described should not cause any conflict with the terms of your Autodesk software license. Obviously, you won't need to move the USB security-protection dongle between computers when working in Autodesk ArtCAM Premium 2017, as the software does not utilize it.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report